Passenger Foot Board Fabrication (Small)

Bike
09 ST1300A
After much searching I could not find foot boards on our ST- site or on the net that I liked. I sketched up this plate & dimensions.
I'm retired, but working part time where I retired from. Two friends one a CAD dude the other a machinist did the rest.
Oh !!! I did the assembly :D - The black tread on the foot boards (doesn't show clearly enough) is actually a rough service carpet (floor mat) with rubber backing from Home Depot. I have a few more picture and detail info if anyone wants more. Let me know or PM me.

Attachments

OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
When/where are they available from?

Nice job!
"Cost" ? - "Available" ?
Sorry :eek:: - I did not intend to insinuate that I was selling them, these were made for me as a favor by "old" work colleges.
I included the print for anyone who was interested - you can have them made at a machine shop.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I did not intend to insinuate that I was selling them, these were made for me as a favor by "old" work colleges.
"If you build it they will buy."

Not your fault. It's the Farkle Disease!

Those are nicely done.

OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
Good Report: After a couple months of riding together, my wife loves these foot boards. They are particularly easier for her in getting on & off, their being wider gives her more stability than the narrow stock foot peg. :D

OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
A tid-bit of unsolicited information: After a 1000 plus miles together (with my wife that is) and with the mini floorboards, she loves them. Makes my efforts worthwhile. She finds it much more easy to get on and off with that extra width to plant her boot toe on compared to the narrowness of the standard pegs. She said its more comfortable while riding too. :D Happy wife, happy life ;) is that how it goes ?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Holy crap! Those are great drawings. Anything I would have tried would look like it came from an Etch-A-Sketch! And yes it worked.

Top Bottom