Forth set of PR3 a review

Bike
2k9 ST1300
Hi all

Going on PR4gt.

My last set of PR3 load B only lasted 12 000 Km witch is about 9 000 miles. Pressure check each week with accurate tire pressure gage,

PR3 right.jpg left side PR3 left.jpgright side
The best milage was 14 000 km and the worst was 10 000Km when we when to the Dragon and the Blue Ridge.

Most of my milage is two up, loaded and push hard.

Very satisfied with tire adherence even with ridding a lot in wet weather or heavy rain

I only hope that the PR4 will provide the same except for better milage.

Last edited:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow I have never worn out the middle of my PR's always the left side first followed by the right side and there was meat left in the middle. Must be all those twisty roads around here.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
The PR4's will not stick as good as the PR3's...Several folks around here have found that you can Push the front end out in very aggressive turns, compared to the PR3's.
Of course if you want to try something else, you could try the Pirelli Angel GT's. I've been getting about the same mileage, but with no cupping or strange wear like I always did with the PR's.
And they are a Great rain tire for me.
Igofar

OP
OP
Bike
2k9 ST1300
The PR4's will not stick as good as the PR3's...Several folks around here have found that you can Push the front end out in very aggressive turns, compared to the PR3's.
Of course if you want to try something else, you could try the Pirelli Angel GT's. I've been getting about the same mileage, but with no cupping or strange wear like I always did with the PR's.
Igofar
Did you had Angle GT in front and rear or mixed them up because my front is good for at least 9 000 km or so. I rarely change both tire at the same time.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Did you had Angle GT in front and rear or mixed them up because my front is good for at least 9 000 km or so. I rarely change both tire at the same time.
Don't be afraid to mix brands of tires, I do it all the time without any problems.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Igofar
Rain????? When? Haha.

nokesy

2007 ST1300A
Bike
2012 RSS Spyder
I did not use PR3, I went from PR2 to 4's and so far I have 9000 km on them and they look as good as new, went through a couple of Tornado's and one big thunderstorm and they were fantastic. So far I love the PR4's but will see what the total milage is next year.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I just took these 3's off. About 8500 miles on it. Pretty much down to the wear bars. The front was lumpy on the sides like the rear but had a few thousand left.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Wow...I didn't realize I was below the wear bars. I bought my ST1300 with PR3s and they had more wear than that when I purchased the bike. I've since run another 5,500 miles and still have some tread in the center (my neanderthal wear indicator). It's worn in the middle mostly due to high speed freeway driving in NV and CA.
Next on the list: either a set of PR4 or Pirelli Angel GT. Hmmmm.

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
I have used the pr2 pr3 and now the pr4's. Make sure you get the PR4 GT as they are made for heavier loads and provide more mileage. I have close to 10,000 miles on them and I foresee at least 2-3000 more. They are GREAT in the rain but as mentioned above they don't stick quite as well as the pr3's but here in FL thats is a non issue as the roads are as flat and straight as you can get :(

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Don't be afraid to mix brands of tires, I do it all the time without any problems.
Ditto +1 on the tire mixing. On my CB's I have found the best rear is the Dunlop D404,, and the best front tire for me is the Bridgestone S11. Of course,, both those companies recommend matched sets be used. Oh yes,,, the front outlasts the rear 2 to 1. Cat'

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Wow...I didn't realize I was below the wear bars
It wasn't until Igofar pulled the wheels off my bike for tire replacement that I saw how badly worn the rear tire was. On the bike I though yeah I got at least another 1000 left. Not even close. In the strong light of day I would have laughed at that insanity had it been somebody else's tire.

Top Bottom