St1300 '04 rear swingarm nut torque setting

Bike
honda st1300
Hi there. Greeting from italy.
after beein far from here for a long time ( luckily due to my previous st1300 with ZERO issues in 100k miles ) now i am here because my " new" st1300 with only 42000 km ( 38k miles?) needs plenty of help-.
i am after to change / inspect swing arm bearings but i cannot find on my st1300 workshop manual ( 02-03 versions) the torque setting to re tighten the " single" nut.

can anyobdy give me this information? the workshop manual shows only the " old" version of nuts.
i tryed to use " google" internally here but i was not able to find anyithing in previosu posts.
thanks again

alberto.

Bike
St1300A2
Hi Alberto,I have the Haynes manual and there are different numbers depending on the year of your Pan but looking at your message the book gives the following settings for an early 2002 to 2003 bike.

Right-hand pivot bolt.......... 108Nm
Left-hand pivot bolt
Initial torque.................... 54Nm
Final torque..................... 41Nm

Left-hand pivot bolt locknut
Actual............................ 108Nm
Indicated(with special tool)..98Nm

Hope this helps

OP
OP
soichirohonda
Bike
honda st1300
CIao Tony and thanks for reply.

tony , am i correct if i say that 2004 models have different " fixing" bolt frame/swinging arm?

the pre 2004 have the bolt and the lock nut , instead after 2003 have just one " item" to tighten"?

Bike
St1300A2
Looking in Haynes manual for 2004 onwards,it states ;-

Right-hand pivot bolt
Initial torque.....................20Nm
Final torque...................... 130Nm

Left-hand pivot bolt-shimmed.. 130Nm
Left hand pivot bolt - re-shimming
Initial torque...................54Nm
Final torque....................34Nm

I have never had to do this particular job but this is from the Haynes manual- might be worth getting one

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Hi Alberto,I have the Haynes manual and there are different numbers depending on the year of your Pan but looking at your message the book gives the following settings for an early 2002 to 2003 bike.

Right-hand pivot bolt.......... 108Nm
Left-hand pivot bolt
Initial torque.................... 54Nm
Final torque..................... 41Nm

Left-hand pivot bolt locknut
Actual............................ 108Nm
Indicated(with special tool)..98Nm

Hope this helps
These torque values exactly match those listed in the Honda Service Manual, page 16-19.

OP
OP
soichirohonda
Bike
honda st1300
guys, but, one question. on my 2004 st i have just " one item" no nut and " lock nut" are the torque settings written before valid as well?
what do you mean " initial a final" toque?

Attachments

OP
OP
soichirohonda
Bike
honda st1300

Hello. back after a year. the U-joint start to make a terrible noise and the left nut WONT unscrew.
when i say wont unscrew i mean that with a metal pipe 140 cm long used as leverage on the HONDA tool, it wont unscrew...... i'll try with hot air gun....

suggestions? the righ hand nut after same leverage came out and i saw some oxidation on threads i am worrried the other could be glued

suggestions^?

thnks

Top Bottom