What did you do with your Yamaha today?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Funny thing after I put the bike back together, I started it up because I wanted to check the oil so I was letting it warm up and all of a sudden it started sputtering and popping and died and I thought I had screwed up the timing..... out of gas lol

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You forgotten that you had drained the tank before starting the valve clearance check?

:D
You don't have to drain the tank. But, I had about 225 miles on it when I decided to do the check.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Funny thing after I put the bike back together, I started it up because I wanted to check the oil so I was letting it warm up and all of a sudden it started sputtering and popping and died and I thought I had screwed up the timing..... out of gas lol
Yep, that's a pucker moment for sure!

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Done many a valve check on FJR's... the secret is start with the timing marks all lined up and verify them after you've reinstalled the cams. Spin it over by hand once or twice to verify again. Button 'er up. Done. A couple of guys did not start with the marks lined up and didn't know where they were after, and had been one tooth off.... easy enough fixed if you know what you're doing, but you don't need that aggravation. All preventable. Zip ties are your friend too.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Don, what I meant to say is getting the timing marks lined up first should be the protocol for any bike.... then one wouldn't have to worry about firing it up after the job is done...... should have been clearer..

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Yesterday (24th), I put a new (to me) French Red fuel tank on my '76 and rode her 2-3 km to a colleagues place for winter storage. Now....if I can just get the LH petcock to stop dripping....

Merry Christmas all!!!

Pete

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Got mine out and rode about 175 miles to see family for Christmas and break in the Pirelli's and like them so far. Put on a new seat for her, the Touring one and this is so much better than stock. It did not want to start real easy for some reason, may have been gas that was in it for the last little bit. Ran her a little bit, put some Sea Foam in and filled up with new gas, she was almost empty, and ran fine the rest of the day.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Yesterday the outside temps were around 60 degrees, so I decide to take the FeeJeR out for a ride with a neighbor of mine. The roads were still a bit sloppy from out recent snow fall but passable. Today I get to spend some quality time cleaning her up. This was my first ride of the New Year. Had to cut it short because of the high winds blowing yesterday Always fun to clean the bike "Not"

Attachments

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
The Snow stopped yesterday, Temperatures are still cold outside. Thought about going out and checking out some more Miatas, but that would just get me into deep trouble/debt. So I decided that I ought to give the Girly Bike some TLC and change the fork oil. The bike is a 1993 Yamaha XT350 and only has 3600 miles on it. But,the Fork oil is only 24 years old. Never been changed...Until now.

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
LOL.. we need to think about that screen name... ChucksFRXTVS or ChucksFXV

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
oh.. yeah, don't look at Miatas!!! That would be a very fun car in CO...That new RF Miata has me drooling but just can't justify it ... lol like that matters.

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Yesterday the outside temps were around 60 degrees, so I decide to take the FeeJeR out for a ride with a neighbor of mine. The roads were still a bit sloppy from out recent snow fall but passable. Today I get to spend some quality time cleaning her up. This was my first ride of the New Year. Had to cut it short because of the high winds blowing yesterday Always fun to clean the bike "Not"
I wouldn't mind being sent to my room to do some cleaning if it looked 1/2 as nice as yours. Only thing not seen is a cot & a port-o-Jon:) NICE man cave.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Checked the valve clearances on the Super - T for the first time and replaced the plugs whilst I was in there. Everything was in spec except one intake valve that is at 0.007" (max is 0.0063"). Since it's just slightly on the loose end. and valves tighten with mileage, I decided to leave it. Made the rookie mistake of swapping the throttle servo connector with the one for the 4th coil (two coils and plugs per cylinder). No start and an 060 error. Swapped them back and she fired up but it took a bit of cranking and a half-open throttle to get it to catch.

The plugs looked pretty good at 27,300 miles:

Attachments

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Installed T-Rex engine guards and after figuring some things out (good product but the instructions are not the best), they went on. Got to change a bolt in the back to put on the luggage guards as I had to replace a bolt a while back and these will not go on without the factory bolt. In the meantime have a set on there, canyons.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Installed some Cyclops LED head light "bulbs" in the Super Tenere. Gave me back about 0.3-0.4 volts on my meter and a much whiter light. Not yet sure I can say there's actually more light, but the head lights now at least match the LED driving lights.

Top Bottom