What to do ????? What to do ?????

Bike
05 ST1300
I took my riding mower in to the shop to be worked on. As I was killing time pokeing around the shop until the shop foreman could talk to me I saw a nice st type bike under a large plastic bag, After I talked to the foreman about my mower I ask him about the bike, He went off about how the boss. owner had dragged it the shop in every ones way. He uncovered it for me and it was a FJR. with less than 9000 miles.
I have had a 05 ST 1300 for 5 years and LOVE Every second I've been on the thing, But as I am getting older I have thinking about upgrading to cruse and other upgrades That maw Honda won't do to the ST. So I ask to see If the owner wanted to sell it. Two weeks later [today] I get a call from the Boss to come out and look at it.
Turns out It's a 2010 and the clock has only 898.8 YES 898.8 This don't sound right but that's what it says.
we've had light rain all day so I didn't get to push it. but it shifted real smooth and looks as if it came off the show room floor.
I didn't see any signs that it was abs Brakes or if it had cruse control also what is a2010 FJR in top shape going for?
Any information pro's or cons about this bike is greatly appreciated. Thanks Gofstrtad

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I would only note here that factory cruise control did not show on the FJR until the 2013 model year.

Bike
2010 ST1300
The new FJR's have adaptive suspension, too that has been highly praised. And some of the posters here have mentioned what sounds like excellent deals for either used or new bikes a year or two old. Just saying, this should be part of your research in deciding what to do.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
The 2010 doesnt have factory cruise. ABS is standard. So is fully adjustable suspension (manual). The Gen2 model was produced from 2006 to 2012 . Gen3 2013 to 2015.

Gen3 have throttle by wire technology so cruise control, traction control, driving modes are all standard. Elect windshield, htd grips too. There are 2 gen3 models ... Std and ES (electronic suspension). Note: The std version has fully adjustable suspension just not electronic.

There's lots of used FJRs for sale. Shop around.

Last edited:
Bike
2007 Honda ST1300
I had both a 2007 FJR and a 2007 ST. I was never comfortable riding the FJR but found the ST as easy to ride as my old Nighthawk 750. I sold the FJR and am relieved to have it gone. There was just something not right about the handling of that bike.

Bike
1997 ST1100
[h=1]Kelly Blue Book Your Motorcycle Value[/h][h=2]2010 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS[/h]
Excellent Condition $9,020
when purchasing from a dealer

Optional Equipment
Mileage & Condition Information

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Search for "Go Cruise 2 Control" it is the best $33 you will ever spend. I use it every day. Make sure that it is the one with the thumb wheel in the middle to set the tension. Not the plastic one. Once you dial it in so it does not slip after you set it you are done. Easy to set with your index finger. Easy to over ride by twisting the throttle.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Search for "Go Cruise 2 Control" it is the best $33 you will ever spend. I use it every day. Make sure that it is the one with the thumb wheel in the middle to set the tension. Not the plastic one. Once you dial it in so it does not slip after you set it you are done. Easy to set with your index finger. Easy to over ride by twisting the throttle.
Sorry. No comparison to real CC. Any throttle lock won't maintain speed, so you're still fiddling with it all the time. The Rostra was one of the best mods to my ST.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
I would only note here that factory cruise control did not show on the FJR until the 2013 model year.
[h=1]Kelly Blue Book Your Motorcycle Value[/h][h=2]2010 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS[/h]
Excellent Condition $9,020
when purchasing from a dealer

Optional Equipment
Mileage & Condition Information

Given these two posts it might warrant a little closer look. If it is a 2010 it's full retail and I would walk. BUT, if it is a 2013 it's probably a good deal. BTW I have ridden the latest generation and loved it.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Sorry. No comparison to real CC. Any throttle lock won't maintain speed, so you're still fiddling with it all the time
Yes and No. The electronic speed control is great for open road riding. It will keep your speed constant going up or down hills. However when you are commuting in traffic constant adjusting of speed is very necessary. This is where the throttle lock is better. It is nice to be able to take your hand off the throttle to wave at another biker and not slow down. It allows for a lighter grip on the throttle. And when set it maintains a constant speed. I like the ability to instantly override it and to instantly reset it. Pushing buttons to speed up or slow down is OK when I drive my truck, but when I ride my bike the twist of the wrist is part of the fun. I also still have the original Cramp Buster on as well which I sometimes use but I really like the Go Cruise 2 control all the time. It is nice to have these different choices... so enjoy what you have.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Yes and No. The electronic speed control is great for open road riding. It will keep your speed constant going up or down hills. However when you are commuting in traffic constant adjusting of speed is very necessary. This is where the throttle lock is better. It is nice to be able to take your hand off the throttle to wave at another biker and not slow down. It allows for a lighter grip on the throttle. And when set it maintains a constant speed. I like the ability to instantly override it and to instantly reset it. Pushing buttons to speed up or slow down is OK when I drive my truck, but when I ride my bike the twist of the wrist is part of the fun. I also still have the original Cramp Buster on as well which I sometimes use but I really like the Go Cruise 2 control all the time. It is nice to have these different choices... so enjoy what you have.
Well, I have both, a Kaoko and the Rostra.:D On long cross country trips I wouldn't want to be w/o real cruise ever again.

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
Well in heavy commute traffic, cruise control of any type would be somewhat risky. In moderate to light commute traffic, the rocker switch controlling cruise speed works fantastically:

I use it all the time to touch up the speed to match the conditions. BTW, I would not own a motorcycle (at my age and experience level) that did not have integrated electronic cruise control, thus the 2014 A in the stable.

Dan

Top Bottom