2015 F800GS Adventure

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
So I've been contemplating a new dirt-able bike for some time. I have a 12' Husky 511 that has plates but it has no real business being on the road unless it's just around the block. My kids and I ride quite a bit in the dirt so I needed something that can really, get dirty.

I text drove the Triumph XCX great, great bike just a little to sporty feeling. Ducatis are so beautiful but god-for-bid you accidentally drop it.

The F800 could use a lower 1st gear and after about 2ft off the ground the center stand drags. [emoji15] But was a great light bike. Not a powerhouse but so much more refined fueling than others I have ridden. It will run 70-90 all day long, now if I can just slow it down in the dirt a little!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
Honda and I have been on different time tables since 2010. The new Africa looks cool but appears to be more bike than I want to lug around off road.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Looks like you made up your mind. I was wondering what you would end up with. I thought you were getting something smaller.
My Ducati, BMW and Triumph dealer is only 5 miles away from my house. And I pass by there going to and from work. Good thing my garage is full.
That new Ducati Multistrada Tour is very hard to walk away from. I couldn't see taking it off road though. But what a machine.

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
I did make up my mind I couldn't walk away from the red frame. Hey Fred I really, really looked at the KTM but I just can't bring myself to buy an orange bike. I have no reason to justify it but I just don't like the KTM brand. I absolutely LOVE the new Multistrada but it's more bike than I was looking for. The F800 on paper is heavy but it just doesn't feel like it in person. The Triumph is a great bike, cruise, ride modes all the bells and whistles but I would have to immediately put pull back risers on it because it was too far forward setting. For a "dirt bike" there was to much weight on my wrists and too cramped foot peg to seat.

Time for some smaller sprockets, bark busters, HID's.....geez I need another garage also. :)

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I did make up my mind I couldn't walk away from the red frame. Hey Fred I really, really looked at the KTM but I just can't bring myself to buy an orange bike. I have no reason to justify it but I just don't like the KTM brand. I absolutely LOVE the new Multistrada but it's more bike than I was looking for. The F800 on paper is heavy but it just doesn't feel like it in person. The Triumph is a great bike, cruise, ride modes all the bells and whistles but I would have to immediately put pull back risers on it because it was too far forward setting. For a "dirt bike" there was to much weight on my wrists and too cramped foot peg to seat.

Time for some smaller sprockets, bark busters, HID's.....geez I need another garage also. :)
C'mon Danny.....face it. You're eating the Grey Poupon and couldn't have another brand now that your nose is turned up.:D

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I like the F800GSA but the exhaust note from the KTM is really impressive.

Gerhard

Bike
GL1800
Did not realize at first that you have bought already. Looks like a good tour bike too with the big tank. What kind of mileage are you getting?

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Very nice. Grats. I used to have one of those. Only complaint was a snatchy throttle (offroad, 1.st) and fixed it using a fuel enricher module. So much better. The front was a little on the soft side too. They might have "fixed" all of that since my 2010.

Just get you a good bash plate and bars. I got all that from Adventure-Spec. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom