First Ride Review of 2016 Africa Twin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
This is the first riding review I've read. With all the hype the AT has gotten it had better be good and this first review says it's good. The AT's DCT gearbox is one more step sophisticated than that of my NC700X and this review gives it high marks and seemingly honest ones. The writer came into it expected to dislike the DCT compared to a manual. After 3500 miles on my DCT equipped 700X I am sold on the gearbox technology. I think as more riders experience DCT more will demand it. I wanted to try it 3 years ago when I bought the first NC700X but I was afraid I would not like the DCT and I'd be stuck with a first-year bike no one wanted so I took the safe route and bought a manual tranny model. After having both I really like DCT.

http://theworldaccordingtoluckystriker.blogspot.co.za/2015/11/2015-honda-crf-1000l-africa-twin.html

Last edited:
Bike
1994 ST1100
The link above shows just one picture. Anyway, I cannot wait to get to Motorcycle show in NYC to see AT. Thou I remain sceptical on DCT since I've never tried it...

Mark

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The link above shows just one picture. Anyway, I cannot wait to get to Motorcycle show in NYC to see AT. Thou I remain sceptical on DCT since I've never tried it...

Mark
Fixed the link. You have to go to his blog HOME and click on the ride review. Thanks.

Last edited:

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Dave, put back the missing "L" at the end of your link, i.e. HTML not HTM...

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I'm sure there are going to be many folks jumping to get one of these new machines. I'm interested, but need to sell my ST1100 first.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
From what i have been hearing (if you don't hear a rumor, start on), virtually all of the US and Canada's allocation has been spoken for. At the show here in Calgary, the dealer said he was allocated 14-15, had deposits on all of them, and a long waiting list. Been hearing similar stories from across the country and US as well.

If that is the case, good luck getting any kind of a "deal". May have to wait until the fall when buyer's remorse sets in and pick up a low mileage one for significant savings.

Rod

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
From what i have been hearing (if you don't hear a rumor, start on), virtually all of the US and Canada's allocation has been spoken for. At the show here in Calgary, the dealer said he was allocated 14-15, had deposits on all of them, and a long waiting list. Been hearing similar stories from across the country and US as well.

If that is the case, good luck getting any kind of a "deal". May have to wait until the fall when buyer's remorse sets in and pick up a low mileage one for significant savings.

Rod
My dealer is getting 12 of them and only have five deposits. They are discounted around $1100 off of MSRP.
Mike

Top Bottom