Met a forum member ..over pie

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I was top rider in Ohio last year. Kinda take pride in being a dedicated rider and racking up the miles in this Midwestern state. This year I noticed another rider from Ohio was ahead of me most of the year on the Mileage Tracker. I reaized about a week ago, that there was no way I was going to catch him before the end of the year. So I clicked on his info and saw he was from the Cinti area as well. Hmm. I PM'd him to see if he wanted to meet for a cup of coffee and slice of pie. Ends up he only lives about 30 miles from me. We've even been to OH-SToc at the same time but never formally introduced. So yesterday, on a cold, dreary perma-gray day, I rode my 1300 and he his 1100 to a Bob Evans 1/2 way between our homes and had coffee (him) and hot tea (me) and pie ... choc silk (him) and pumpkin (me). Had a good chat, found out we both have a long love of riding and enjoyed wearing the rubber off our tires on many of the same local roads. We are about the same age, both retired, our wives are both still working. Uncanny. We've had to have passed each other. I mean sw Ohio isn't that big for 2 guys that roll up the kind of miles we do, not to have.

Anyhow, STraymond, it was great meeting you. Hope you had a safe ride home (looked like a car wanted to share your lane bon the overpass before you even made it to the freeway) and let's do it again some time and we will ride the ferry and I will show you some of those great roads in N.Ky I was telling you about. In the meantime, have fun, ride safe and stay off the tar snakes!

STraymond

Last edited:
OP
OP
the Ferret

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
(You still are using the stock seat?!)
Stock seats don't bother me. I did have this one Spencerized, but more for the 1" lowering (munchkin legs) than for any padding deficiency. Rode this one to California and back in 11 days averaging 495 miles a day. My CB1100 has a stock seat too, and I have also ridden it 9 hrs/465 miles in a day/1900 miles in a week. Hard butt I guess or no feeling left back there.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Great story......ya meet the nicest people on a Honda .......

ToddC

OP
OP
the Ferret

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Yep he seemed like a first class guy. We accumulate our miles differently. I think a lot of STraymond's miles come from SToc events because he mentioned riding to FlaSToc, and LobsterSToc and the one in Colorado, and the one on the BRP, whereas the majority of my miles come from shorter local rides, but nearly every day...260 days and counting this year. I do take a multi-state trip or two every year, but those just add up to maybe 5000 miles. I only ride to Oh-SToc every other year to see SIrepair (Pat and family) and Ilovethewest (Gary) and Doughboy (Ron) etc. Not much of a social guy.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Yep he seemed like a first class guy. We accumulate our miles differently. I think a lot of STraymond's miles come from SToc events because he mentioned riding to FlaSToc, and LobsterSToc and the one in Colorado, and the one on the BRP, whereas the majority of my miles come from shorter local rides, but nearly every day...260 days and counting this year. I do take a multi-state trip or two every year, but those just add up to maybe 5000 miles. I only ride to Oh-SToc every other year to see SIrepair (Pat and family) and Ilovethewest (Gary) and Doughboy (Ron) etc. Not much of a social guy.

Maybe we should grab a slice of Pie in Central Pa sometime?

Bike
2005 BMW RT
Congratulations Ray, I didn't know there was a top rider award for Ohio but if there is not I will here by award you the "Top Rider in Ohio Award".

Mikey, maybe next year for you, but you will have to step it up. No stopping Ray next year.

Last edited:

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I was top rider in Ohio last year. Kinda take pride in being a dedicated rider and racking up the miles in this Midwestern state. This year I noticed another rider from Ohio was ahead of me most of the year on the Mileage Tracker. I reaized about a week ago, that there was no way I was going to catch him before the end of the year. So I clicked on his info and saw he was from the Cinti area as well. Hmm. I PM'd him to see if he wanted to meet for a cup of coffee and slice of pie. Ends up he only lives about 30 miles from me. We've even been to OH-SToc at the same time but never formally introduced. So yesterday, on a cold, dreary perma-gray day, I rode my 1300 and he his 1100 to a Bob Evans 1/2 way between our homes and had coffee (him) and hot tea (me) and pie ... choc silk (him) and pumpkin (me). Had a good chat, found out we both have a long love of riding and enjoyed wearing the rubber off our tires on many of the same local roads. We are about the same age, both retired, our wives are both still working. Uncanny. We've had to have passed each other. I mean sw Ohio isn't that big for 2 guys that roll up the kind of miles we do, not to have.

Anyhow, STraymond, it was great meeting you. Hope you had a safe ride home (looked like a car wanted to share your lane bon the overpass before you even made it to the freeway) and let's do it again some time and we will ride the ferry and I will show you some of those great roads in N.Ky I was telling you about. In the meantime, have fun, ride safe and stay off the tar snakes!

STraymond

Mickey -

It was equally great meeting up with you (and I guess beating you for the 2015 Ohio ST mileage title).

Ray

Now, fellows,...remember...it's not how far each of you ride...but how much you enjoy each mile of those you ride...or something like that?...are each of you just being nice as you "size-up" the competition tendencies of our gender?:D...Congratulations to both of you for your achievements!!:bow1::03biker:

Top Bottom