New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Dean - The reason I ask is that the ABSII has a lot more 'stuff' in that space between the back of the headlights and the speedo/tach/gauges - plumbing and the ABS computer. Did you have to do the 'tab' rearrangement on the G6 units since the ST1100 is not a standard H4?
Figured it was probably all the extra stuff that had you asking.
Used the shims as I recall, like always.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Bike
2005 st1300
Do you have them now, when did you pay for them, when were they shipped.
No, still not yet. I expect any day now. I was mistaken... I paid on 2/24 and they were shipped on 3/4. Left China on 3/5. Tracking ends there. 3 weeks or so is still pretty good

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
and a pair of 9006 in my suburban. Very sharp cut off pattern and tight beam.

https://www.amazon.com/DEDC-Headligh...01EY6KXK2?th=1
Off hand could you guesstimate the length of the DEDC bulbs from the tip of the LED post to the mounting flange and from the flange to the back of the fan?

I've got a pair of aux driving (10º) lamps but haven't mounted them yet partially because their 55W H1 halogen bulbs. I've been wanting try to replace them with LEDs but seldom find specs which tell me if they will/won't/might fit.

I need to pull a halogen bulb and measure it to see how much room there might be in the lamp.

Have we decided on a best answer for the St1300 LED headlights? Is there one best answer?
The G6 Eviteks seem to be the hot setup. They have worked well for most riders. I need to order a pair myself.

Bike
2005 st1300
Just wanted to give a heads up to all that are running these or similar bulbs. I dont know if it has been noted or if it is just my bike, but when I went to install my bulbs, The thumb extension part of the bail was resting and pushing on the sides of the fan housings, causing the bulb to sit cockeyed. Now it was a simple fix to bend the extension away with some needle nose pliers, but I wanted to point it out in case people that install these half-blind, with the headlight housing on the bike may not notice this. I would think it would cause the beam to shoot off in the wrong direction. I attached a couple of pics of my right side bulb installed showing the misfit. It was the most dramatic misalignment... The left was half that. First shot shows the bail contacting the bulb and the 2nd is a top view showing the result. Like I say, it might just be my bike... the P.O. had changed the bulbs
20170318_093107.jpg20170318_092847.jpg

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Bmacleod said:
Just wanted to give a heads up to all that are running these or similar bulbs.
Nice catch. The result would be easily seen looking at the beam or the LED through the headlight lens but the why might be undetected given the poor visibility.

I found the bail pretty hard to press and maneuver so the PO of your bike might have mashed the bail with something causing it to bend. Thanks for the heads up.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Just wanted to give a heads up to all that are running these or similar bulbs.
I noticed the bail had a bit of interference with the fan housing when I installed mine. I merely reshaped it some to clear the housing. It took a little trial and error, but one should avoid bending it in the same location twice because you may weaken it to the point of failure. Of course, with this type of bulb, once the base is installed, the bail should never need to be opened again.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

I just ordered the Eviteks off Amazon for my ST11 ABSII. Thanks for the helpful info Dean. Hope to get them in this weekend, will post how the install goes.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #

I just ordered the Eviteks off Amazon for my ST11 ABSII. Thanks for the helpful info Dean. Hope to get them in this weekend, will post how the install goes.
Paul - I'll be real interested on how it goes. Thanks for being the ST1100 ABSII 'guinea pig'! :D

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #

Paul - I'll be real interested on how it goes. Thanks for being the ST1100 ABSII 'guinea pig'! :D
I'm glad to give it a try. I replaced the right side 2 weeks ago and then, a few days ago, I hit a small bump and the left side flickered and went out (never had that happen before). So, I need to get in there again and figured $46 was a small risk for a big reward... much better lighting and hopefully not having to replace them again, maybe ever.

Last edited:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
So, I need to get in there again and figured $46 was a small risk for a big reward... much better lighting and hopefully not having to replace them again, maybe ever
I'll be curious as to how much 'space' they take up since you've got the ABS computer right in the midst of it. Deanr has them on his standard ST1100 so I know they work, I just don't know how the 'extra' stuff will fit in around the ABS 'extra' stuff. ;-) Definitely something I am looking at for all three of mine.

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I received the Evitek LED headlamps in 2 days from Amazon and they are in on my '01 ST1100 ABSII. They are way better than stock and better than the 65/55W I had in there. These are the basic steps I took...

1. Remove ABS computer.
2. Remove the lower triangular plastic. Makes it possible to come up through the bottom as well.
3. Remove the rubber boots and old bulbs
4. Twist out the new LED bulbs from their holder, cut the tabs on the holder and install the shims.
5. Install the new holder with shim (without LED bulb) and lock the bail.
6. Install the boot, being careful to fully seat the center of the boot around the gray plastic cylinder of the new holder.
7. Install the new bulb (bayonet style, insert and twist).
8. Make wire connections and tidy up wires.
9. Reassemble all the plastics.
10. Go ride!

Here's a few pics of the install.

The ABS computer needs to be unbolted. I left the wires connected and moved it around as necessary.

This is a shot of the LED holder installed without the bulb. I cut the two lower tabs and installed the shims so all three tabs fit.

This is the same shot with the rubber boot installed. The boot center fits snugly over the bulb holder. I pushed it all the way down over the holder, which is the gray part in the center.

The biggest issue was the same issue Dean mentioned... the bail pushes against the fan housing, just a little bit. It actually cocks the whole assembly a few degrees. I took this picture without the boot to show the interference between the bail and the fan housing.

I don't know if the cocked bulb makes a difference. I played with it against my garage wall and the pattern moved a little when I pushed it around but not sure if it's enough to notice. Overall, I am very pleased with my new, better headlight.

Hope this helps other ST11 owners.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I got an email from cindy@evitekhid.com wanting to know my PayPal account info so she could send an invoice. What info do I need to send her? I've only done Friends and Family (?) and the standard vendor PayPal button.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
I got an email from cindy@evitekhid.com wanting to know my PayPal account info so she could send an invoice. What info do I need to send her? I've only done Friends and Family (?) and the standard vendor PayPal button.
If it's just a invoice and not money she just wants your email address that is linked to the PayPal. If not linked together just give a email address

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom