Kaoko throttle lock

Bike
2012 ST1300
True cruise control is a complication I don't wish to install, but some sort of throttle lock is important on road trips. I settled on the Kaoko.

The installation was pretty simple, but worrisome Removing the inner bar weight was simple but I had to use a rubber mallet to get the device into the metal tube of the handlebar.

It works quite well. It and looks like it could be an OEM product because it matches the left bar end weight so well.

At $145, it's pricey but I expect ti will last the life of the bike.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I would really like to try the Kaoko but am hesitant because of the price and because I use hand guards.

Steve398

... another retired Black Rat.
Bike
2018 BMW R1200RT LC
I've just taken my KAOKO off in favour of a McCruise, the KAOKO was OK but only gives you a constant throttle position, not a constant speed. Shame we're so far apart!

OP
OP
Freelancer
Bike
2012 ST1300
According to the info on their site, the product will work as expected evergreen with hand guards.

OP
OP
Freelancer
Bike
2012 ST1300
I like elegant or even hidden solutions, depending on the situation so the look of the bike is no more cluttered than necessary. All o odd these are good solutions.

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300
I was originally going to go with the Throttlemeister, but after some research, I think I'm going to go with the Kaoko.

Top Bottom