Number 3

Brian Lamberts

STOC 8845
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I'm still recovering from the tip over I had March 26. Broken collar bone & one rib from that one. Feeling a whole lot better after 6 weeks of intense sitting around and sleeping 16 hours a day. I can now lift anything that weighs less than 3 pounds now, but anything I do is still overdoing it.

I'm giving one of my ST's to my brother. Yesterday I was removing stuff that's not going to him, mostly just removed the brand new LiFe Po battery and attempted to replace it with the AGM battery. I was pushing the AGM in the battery box and suddenly it wasn't there anymore! Holy Crap! Never had that happen before! If I had a torch I'd bend the sidestand a bit so it leans over a little more. I got a couple of passing folks on bicycles to help right it--I made a good show of lifting with them, but as I say I don't lift more than about 3 lb.

When I work on ST's in the future, I'll use the centerstand, but for now I can't even lift it onto that stand. Not used to be relatively helpless.

BTW, when I had the tipover 6 weeks ago, my brother was riding my other one. He's now a fan--talking about getting rid of his fancy BMW and riding the the ST1100!

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
I don't think that one will count against your tip over count. I believe that is covered under rule number 2015-1017. Meaning you are in a recovery mode when you had a tip over. But if your where going against your wife and doctors orders to stay away from all motorcycle activities, then rule 2015-11-13 applies. This is the BMW rules which states all tip overs are double the face value. Lying about the BMW rule is highly recommended to avoid sanctions from the person in charge of free time. And getting permission from the doctor is highly recommended. But article 100 of rule 2015 -1017 states that if you admit you screwed up to the person in charge of free time and that it (may) not happened ever again, only 1 tip over is awarded and no lost of free time will occur. Be very careful with article 100. Abuse of article 100 could end all free time, motorcycle activities and trust with person in charge of free time.

OP
OP

Brian Lamberts

STOC 8845
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I don't think that one will count against your tip over count. I believe that is covered under rule number 2015-1017. Meaning you are in a recovery mode when you had a tip over. But if your where going against your wife and doctors orders to stay away from all motorcycle activities, then rule 2015-11-13 applies. This is the BMW rules which states all tip overs are double the face value. Lying about the BMW rule is highly recommended to avoid sanctions from the person in charge of free time. And getting permission from the doctor is highly recommended. But article 100 of rule 2015 -1017 states that if you admit you screwed up to the person in charge of free time and that it (may) not happened ever again, only 1 tip over is awarded and no lost of free time will occur. Be very careful with article 100. Abuse of article 100 could end all free time, motorcycle activities and trust with person in charge of free time.
You belong in California writing CARB directives. . .

No wife here, tho my 89 year old Mom lives with me. I went to the Orthodoc yesterday, 6 week check up. Collarbone is healing but I'm at least 8 weeks fromfeeling much better, got a broken rib too, ya see. Anyhow, he absolutely forbids me from riding the ST for a while. So when I got home yesterday, I took the 92 to the local cop shop for a VIN inspection. Selling it my brother in Reno, shipping it to Burlington VT. He's buying a Norton Commando and riding it back to Reno. A friend of his will be riding the ST back (his first motorcycle ever.)

The little ride yesterday was tentative to say the least. It's been 6 weeks off of motorcycle--the longest period away for at least 20 years. I think for the duration I'll be riding my wonderful 98 DR350. Weight is in the 200 pound range and the bone doc said it would be okay if I take it easy (no off road for a while.)

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Heal up so you can ride soon and do not over do it. March 26 was only a short time ago. And when your are sore and hurting time moves really slow. Ten years ago I tore a bicep muscle loose at my elbow. All the doctor would let me do for eight weeks was bend my fingers. I rotated my wrist once three week after surgery, it hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out. So from then on I listen to what the doctor said.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
Maybe I am still young enough to heal fast I had my get off in in Oct. 10 2011 on the brg broke my collar bone and couple of ribs. But nov 15 2011 I flew to Baltimore MD and rode my new st back to kansas . I will probably be paying for my injuries when I get older:)

OP
OP

Brian Lamberts

STOC 8845
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Maybe I am still young enough to heal fast I had my get off in in Oct. 10 2011 on the brg broke my collar bone and couple of ribs. But nov 15 2011 I flew to Baltimore MD and rode my new st back to kansas . I will probably be paying for my injuries when I get older:)
I'm glad you recovered so quickly.

I'm 64 and a Diabetic. Definitely slows healing. I have a cut on my leg from the accident and almost 7 weeks later it's still a fairly large, somewhat painful scab. I sold one of my ST1100's, to my brother, and I'll be shipping it to VT later this week. Still have the sorta high mileage 91 tho. It's my favorite. I'm starting to ride again, gotta get my mojo back so I'm starting on the 98 DR350se. Very light, kinda like the bike I started on back in 1971.

Top Bottom