How the heck will this fit ??

Bike
GL1800 2015
Why a winter tire?????
Good question!...Because I can?...or why not?....:)~
My first tire was a continental contpro - low mileage...about 12,000 slipped a couple times
on wet paint lines....other than that ...it was ok...
2nd was a Kuhmo...that only got about 14,000. hated that tire! Just didn't feel right
and made me nervous ....
So #3 just happened to be a winter tire and it's keeper for me!....NEVER slipped
best traction I get from any tire I have ever used, and 20,000 is acceptable, so I don't have need to try any other tire...
made 2 trips out west in extremely hot conditions, no issues what so ever...

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Now my struggle begins : how do I get the darkside wheel / tire past the swingarm ends when the tire is 1/2 " wider ? Can you use two clamps on the tire without the bead letting loose of the wheel rim ?
'07 ST1300 w/ pre-used ( by previous owner ) - wheel & Goodyear Triple Tread . I bought additional wheels for darkside "experiment" , Thanks ahead for info tips.

Last edited:
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Bought a 205/50-17 Goodyear run flat winter. Just mocking it up it looks like no way will it fit?!
I know this is an old post but to me it looks like the tire is mounted backwards on the rim. I would think it should have an arrow and be unidirectional. It should channel the water/snow away from the center.

Bike
2012 ST1300
I think this was just sat in there while he was wondering if it would fit once on the rim.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Now my struggle begins : how do I get the darkside wheel / tire past the swingarm ends when the tire is 1/2 " wider ? Can you use two clamps on the tire without the bead letting loose of the wheel rim ?
'07 ST1300 w/ pre-used ( by previous owner ) - wheel & Goodyear Triple Tread . I bought additional wheels for darkside "experiment" , Thanks ahead for info tips.
I assume you have the tire deflated? I used a plastic bag once that seemed to help it slide in. I usually have someone push in on the tire while I push the wheel forward. It will go. The GYTT will require the swing arm to be ground down slightly on the right side. Not for mounting purposes, but so it doesn't rub once it's in place. The good news? You only need to remove it every 50k. LOL

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
I flattened the swingarm area between the radii tangents , nice & smooth , used Morton water softener plastic bag pieces on both sides of the swingarm to work in the deflated tire , after it engaged into the splines , I had about 3 mm swingarm clearance , inflated. Poll question : Did anybody else's GYTT tire rub up in the inner fender ? Looks like I have line to line / no clearance on the LH side especially .....

Top Bottom