Helmets Visor/Shield Tape

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
spiderman302 said:
The visor is a hand that does not get tired.
backwards_baseball_cap.jpg

I see what you mean. And with a visor you don't have to tilt your head down as far to block out a low-hanging sun.

OP
OP
Skunkape
Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
on my helmet i just been using a sharpie pen. guess im doing it wrong. :shrug2:
Why didn't I think of that. I did think of painting it though. But it's a $120 shield and just couldn't bring myself to do it. I did put the 33+ tape on it today but haven't had a chance to try it. Once I get the tape tuned in I might try the sharpie.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Not all painter's tapes are created equal. The guys I work with used blue tape to mask along the wall on a varnished floor. One delay lead to another and it was about 3 or 4 weeks later before they pulled it up. It took the varnish with it in spots. The fine print says to not leave it for more than a week, so I would be careful if you plan to leave it on for a month or more. Electrical tape (33+) is wonderful stuff, but it also may leave a black residue along the edges if you leave it in place a long time. UV degradation of either the base layer or the sticky part of some tapes may make removing it difficult (if you want it to leave no trace).

The static cling tape that Fred mentioned above sounds like the best bet from my pov.

Bike
2015 FJR1300
There is a dark, transparent, plastic tape purpose made as a sun shield that self adheres to the inside of a shield. It's sort of like the dark tint at the top of some car windshields. I love them. Here is an example. There are many others:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Original-Helmet-Sunblocker/dp/B00BSCFETQ

Good Ridin'
slmjim
i've been using one of these for 5+ years. They install with static, so no goo. If you ever wanted to remove it just peel it off.

Top Bottom