Waterproof Trunk Bag

Bike
R1200rt
I have the Kuryakyn Ultra Tour bag. It's a great bag, but a little heavy and not waterproof. It does come with a rain cover, but when you're riding in and out of the rain, it's a little inconvenient to take the cover on and off to get to my rain gear which I store in the bag.

I'd love to get a slightly smaller (and hopefully, less affected by cross-winds), waterproof bag that attaches in a similar way as the Ultra Tour bag which is with a large velcro strap around the passenger backrest. It literally takes me less than 30 seconds to put it on or take it off and that's with 4 additional security straps.

Of course, I could get a trunk (like the Givi), but they're not compatible with a passenger backrest unless it's extended further back than I would like. Yes, I know the top boxes come with built-in passenger backrests, but I've got the bike set up just how my GF likes it and I'd like to easily add or remove a trunk bag depending on the length of the ride and weather.

Anyone know of such a bag?
just for the hell of it and because your girl like the set up try this https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-278146-NeverWet-11-Ounce-Outdoor/dp/B00KRHF8E4?ie=UTF8&hvadid=93859431974&hvdev=c&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvpone=&hvpos=1t1&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvrand=4026706634877272805&ref=pd_sl_44xcgmagz8_b&tag=googhydr-20

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I did get the Bikers Friend XLB (extra large basic).

It's a really nice bag for adding that little bit of extra storage. I've ridden with it unloaded and I didn't even notice that it was there... even on windy days. I'm looking forward to my next long-distance trip because I'm pretty sure I won't have the "tail wagging the dog" issue that I noticed with the even larger and heavier Kuryakin bag that I was using.

Top Bottom