Helmets New Helmet, Nolan N44

Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Hi folks,
Been after a new lid for a while now to replace my 5yr old Shoei hornet DS, nothing wrong with it just a bit tired. I'm a bit fed up with paying silly money for bike gear, I know you get what you pay for etc but in the UK its gone mad, nearly ?1000 for a Rukka jacket, nuts.......

Anyway I always try to buy in the sale or find a deal online, so came across the Nolan N44 for ?130 online from a French (I think ) company called motobluz
I added a pinlock insert to, and got another 10% off, think it came to about ?135 with free postage so very happy with that, other prices on eBay were up to ?200.

First impression are good, got the met silver colour, nice, the chin bar is removable which leaves a comfortable half facer with excellent vision due to the big visor, which was the main reason for buying this model as I commute in a city and need good all round vision to see the car drivers trying to kill me on a daily basis !!!.

The helmet feels good on the head, I've a round'ish head, like the drop down sun shade it has a button to push which springs it back up so no messing about.

There is lots of vents which is good and I like the chin strap lock, feels positive when locked.

Replacement visors are ?25 a shoei is nearly ?50, so that's a bonus.

Only been on a short test run and very happy, its not too noisy certainly no more than the Shoei .

Hopefully this will be a good long term helmet on a budget.

Anyone have this helmet?

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Not familiar with your new hat but one of the bigger online store (revzilla.com) shows it as a closeout for $300US or about ?226. Over here we'd call it a 3/4 helmet with the bar removed.

Looks like you got a great deal! Congrats.

Attachments

OP
OP
caddyman
Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Excellent helmet, gave it a proper test today, vision is excellent, and a lot quieter on the motorway than I thought it would be.

Happy budget bunny!!!

Cheers
Chris

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Nice , I'm looking at this helmet also, but reviews said that sena unit didn't fit easily, have you fit a BT to yours?

Top Bottom