Question regarding pressure

I have a new ME880 on the rear and the tire says max load is xxx at 50psi. That's the only psi mention I see on the tire. I had always thought that 42 was required on the 1300

So my question is, what's the proper psi for that tire in that bike?

Thanks!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I think the only tire pressure listed on a tire is the maximum tire pressure and that will vary with the brand/model of tire.

42 is the universal answer to everything and is what Honda recommends for the ST1300 with the tires it ships with as the typical tire pressure with (I think) a single rider. But there are a lot of variables in deciding what pressure is best for you and your tires. 42 isn't required but works for a lot of people.

I'm not skilled enough to detect small changes in pressure as related to grip and handling so I stay at 42. Anything less make the bike difficult for me to pop up on the center stand or roll around in the garage. That's the biggest reason why I use 42lbs.

Now as to what's the best oil to use...

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
In the olden days I truen 880's, 42 front and rear was what I ran.

But like ST_Gui says, I'm not expert enough to say that is what is the best. Just what is recommended .

OP
OP
Awesome, thanks guys. I think I'm gonna go with 42!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
The info on the sidewall is the tire mfr telling you the absolute limits of the tire. It has little to do with the optimum settings for any particular application (unless you're using it at its absolute limits).

Top Bottom