Kevlar Carbon brake pads

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I found another source for Kevlar Carbon Brake Pads. With Free Shipping.
I have several spare sets of brake pads. Among them is a Volar set. I have not used them yet so can't comment on their effectiveness, but they appear dimensionally the same as my Honda set and look well made.
I realize we pay far more than the manufacturer's cost for parts (or, most anything) but $15? seems very low when you consider the distributor's costs and shipping.

Bike
2010 ST1300
SIX pads for $15? Doesn't that fall into the too good to be true category? Sure its for 1100's, and it might be a closeout, but that sounds way cheap.....

OP
OP
Jim Van
Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
SIX pads for $15? Doesn't that fall into the too good to be true category? Sure its for 1100's, and it might be a closeout, but that sounds way cheap.....
It's true. I have bought several sets of the Volar pads, so far. They work and wear great.

This is not a closeout price. They were out of stock on the rear pads, and I just ordered a rear set after they received more stock.

BTW : I have not found one negative review ( out of 300 reviews ) on the net about these Volar carbon kevlar pads.

Here is a quote from a guy with a gsxr600 :

" Re: Volar kevlar brake pads?
I would like to follow up with the Volar Kelvar Brake pads update. So far, I am using them for roughly 4 months(daily) and I am really happy with the quality of these pads. They are almost same quality as the EBC carbon pads with only little money. "

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim Van
Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I have several spare sets of brake pads. Among them is a Volar set. I have not used them yet so can't comment on their effectiveness, but they appear dimensionally the same as my Honda set and look well made.
I realize we pay far more than the manufacturer's cost for parts (or, most anything) but $15? seems very low when you consider the distributor's costs and shipping.
Ya, if they doubled the price, it probably wouldn't make a difference in sales. Their pricing does seem ridiculous. But off-shore manufacturing costs are a lot lower than you might think, for sure. I read a book about a guy who travels all over the world on his motorcycle and I remember he bought a new throttle cable in Thailand for 25 cents.

Top Bottom