Pelican case look-a-like

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I have this Doskocil case which is very similar to a Pelican. It's missing a side latch (2 on the front and one on each side), and I can't seem to find parts anywhere. The company was sold to Plano, whos 'customer service' was of absolutely no help. Maybe if I was a bass fisherman asking about tackle boxes, it would have been different.
Anyone ever seen these boxes or have any suggestions for a latch?

Attachments

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Check your local Sams club. They had some knock-off cases they were selling $19. I was tempted to buy but couldn't really justify the need.

OP
OP
DeanR
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I created a CAD model for a boot latch that had broke and had a friend 3D print a replacement. Might be an option
Great idea. Seems like a perfect use of that technology. But... no capability or access to CAD/3D printing.

Check your local Sams club. They had some knock-off cases they were selling $19. I was tempted to buy but couldn't really justify the need.
I'll check that out.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Great idea. Seems like a perfect use of that technology. But... no capability or access to CAD/3D printing.

I'll check that out.
DeanR:
Try your local public library. Many of them have good 3-D printing capabilities and people who know how to use them. We gave out some nice side stand pads and GPS sunsheilds at the Ohio RTE in the spring and all of those items were made at a public library.

Pete

Bike
2010 ST1300
I have this Doskocil case which is very similar to a Pelican. It's missing a side latch (2 on the front and one on each side), and I can't seem to find parts anywhere. The company was sold to Plano, whos 'customer service' was of absolutely no help. Maybe if I was a bass fisherman asking about tackle boxes, it would have been different.
Anyone ever seen these boxes or have any suggestions for a latch?
Doubtful that they would help only some of their customers and not others. Usually poor customer service is across the board. We are all ignored without regard to race, religion, sex, age, national origin,..... One of those equal opportunity customer service departments.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I took a picture of the tag so I could research it. Then decided I have several Pelicans I rarely use so I don't need an imitation I won't use too.

But it did look to be decent quality. Sure can't find anything comparable for the price.

But here it is, sku looks to be #483489
2798.jpg

Online link here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom