Suits Suits

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
SO we have pants and jacket threads but no SUIT threads... I am here to ask about riding 1 piece suits.
I have an aerostich roadcrafter classic which i love, below 80F degrees lol. I have recently learned of a company called MOTOPORT, yes there is no "S" in there. I'm curious if anyone has any of there clothing, particularly any of there 1 piece suits. Opinions and other 1 piece suit options that you own or have had experience with in the past would be great. This is not just a discussion for the Stich and the MOTO.
For commuting, you can't beat the convenience of a one piece suit. For touring, not as much as the ability to just remove just the jacket is a big plus. I have the Motoport stretch kevlar jacket and it's an amazing piece of gear. I've crash tested it numerous times (I use it for dual sport rides as well) including a 60 mph slide on pavement. I had a scuff patched so my wife wouldn't see it. Where the Motoport beats the Aerostitch in my opinion is in breathability at low speeds. Both the stretch kevlar and the cordura breath better than denim. The Aerostitch relies on vents for much of it's breathability and that doesn't work as well at low speeds. Also, if you wear a back pack. I know the Roadcrafter is really convenient donning and doffing - I don't know if the one piece Motoport is as convenient.

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
I have cordura Motoport pants and jacket, they're now old enough to drink (bought in 1995), I wear them both most of the time I ride, and the only problem I've had is the pants have shrunk and don't fit me in the waist anymore (JK)--really the only problem that's developed in over two decades of constant wear is a small tear in the lining of the jacket, where the interior pocket is, which has ripped from the weight of my large cell phone. So it's pretty good quality stuff.
Have a Motosport Cordura jacket too, bought back in 90's too - kinda shrunk (we all know that isn't true!) but my son in law uses it when they come visit and ride with me. The liner held up too. Darn nice jacket. if they continue the brand quality - it's a good investment, suit or pieces.

OP
OP
Belfie
Bike
ST1300 vfr750
I'm a 42R for a stitch, I was lucky enough to find a suit last year on Craigslist that was a 42L.... I bought it, but for $150 how can you go wrong lol. I love the one piece convenience and the lack of draft in the winter time. Being in NJ I do my best to ride all year. It's a RClaasic about 20 years old. Missing arm zipper pulls and I just broke the secondary slider on the main a couple weeks ago. Trying to decide if I should upgrade to a R-3 or try a different company. Will probably fix the suit and re waterproof it. Not sure if I'll keep it or sell it to help offset the price of a new suit. I already chose to buy a Schuberth this year, I might need to wait till spring to make another big purchase.

Top Bottom