Honda launches entry level 190cc adventure touring motorcycle in China

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I remember the CL160. It was the CL77's little brother. If Honda made it today I'd by it yesterday. If they made a CL190 that looked like the 160 I wouldn't hold it against 'em.

Last edited:
Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
It's too bad Honda doesn't bring small inexpensive entry level first timer bikes like this to the US....would maybe get another wave of new riders like the "Go Little Honda" bikes of the '60s.........ff

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
flyfisher said:
It's too bad Honda doesn't bring small inexpensive entry level first timer bikes like this to the US....would maybe get another wave of new riders like the "Go Little Honda" bikes of the '60s.........ff
The problem is too many people here would automatically turn their noses up at 16HP especially at higher RPM. Honda has a line of 190cc bikes that are 'overseas only' that could make a great starter or second or bike. The CB190 has a seat height of approx 30". I think Honda knows the North American market better than most of us and bases it's decisions accordingly. I agree it's a shame not to have them here.

fnmag said:
I think it's a nice bike.
+1

scootac

Will Ride for Food
It's too bad Honda doesn't bring small inexpensive entry level first timer bikes like this to the US....
When did the USA start buying 'small inexpensive entry level'???
How many base model vehicles are sold vs the up scale versions?
I see waaayyyyy too many $50k trucks pulling trailers with $12000 ATVs to think bikes like that would be a success here.
To many buyers, their vehicle choice is tied more to ego/image/perception of needs than to actual needs or smart use of finances.
We get what we want.
Not what we need.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I think a market is being missed/ignored here in the US.
My wife is small...barely 5". She wants a bike or scooter to cruise the neighborhood shopping and to/from work. Problem is her short stature/leg combination. No one locally offers a motorcycle that she can balance easily AND that will handle local traffic speeds. Half her ride to work will be at 45mph so we looked for some time with little success. Honda has the Metropolitan scooter which is a good fit but it maxes at 32 mph and accelerates slower than a tricycle uphill. Finally found a scooter shop that has several Taiwanese models that fit and that are capable of 65mph (150 and 250cc engines). Acceleration is adequate. Won't break the bank if swiped. The 250 will be in her Christmas stocking.
I suspect that there is a market for S65 and Super 90 sized motorcycles with just a bit more guts in the engine department. They need to match local traffic without over stressing and accelerate as well as the middle of the auto crowd as a minimum to be safe. There is the physiological solution and the appeal to the younger hippy dippy save the snails crowd.

Bike
2006 ST1300pa
Beats the heck out of a Honda Grom (those things are TINY)-----and I see plenty of Groms buzzing around Southern California.
No offense intended towards any Grom owners in the house.... :duck:

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I had a Honda twin cylinder CB175 a long long time ago. Great bike and I really enjoyed riding it until it met the side of a car that ran through a red light. End of bike.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
I had the Honda 175 enduro in the 80's as well after my CB350 broke down. Was a great commuter for in town but was just a bit too hairy on the highway. I would maybe go for a 250 for highway riding but no lower, really. And not for long stretches at that. It was a LOT of fun off the road though....gotta say.

Top Bottom