Infection in my leg

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Sorry to hear this news, Keith. Hang in there and get as much rest as you can. Phil's advice on antibiotics is solid. I've got a small supply I can use proactively.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

John

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Keith, sorry to hear about your complications. I hope they clear up soon.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Well I am waiting on my ride to go home. Everything is looking good. I have to take oral antibiotics twice a day for two more weeks. Then follow up with with my orthopedic surgeon. Then keep a close eye on my leg for swelling, redness and pain.
Hopefully everything will continue to go in the right direction.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I missed this Keith. Sorry to hear you have to deal with this on top of fixing the knee. Best wishes for the meds doing their job and you can move forward.

OhiaBoy

R.I.P. - 2017/06/09
Rest In Peace
Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
Hope all is going well Keith. I'm just about a week away from my one year anniversary for my knee replacement so I understand your concern. I keep antibiotics on hand just in case. Good luck!

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Well I am waiting on my ride to go home. Everything is looking good. I have to take oral antibiotics twice a day for two more weeks. Then follow up with with my orthopedic surgeon. Then keep a close eye on my leg for swelling, redness and pain.
Hopefully everything will continue to go in the right direction.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!
Good to hear Keith!

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Hope all is going well Keith. I'm just about a week away from my one year anniversary for my knee replacement so I understand your concern. I keep antibiotics on hand just in case. Good luck!
Please keep a close eye on yours! This hit me out of nowhere I felt perfectly fine when I went to work Thursday night. 7:15 Friday morning I thought I had the flu. A couple of hours later my knee was throbbing and I had fever of 103. They pumped enough antibiotics in me to heal an elephant. And I am still taking a pill twice a day for two weeks.
I am just so glad this infection did not attach to my hardware in my leg. They thought I was going to have surgery Saturday. But my fever had broke and I felt pretty good. And my labs were improving.
I think I dodged a bullet. I'm still not sure how I got the infection. It could have come from scratching a mosquito bite. I just don't know.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Keith - It happens pretty easily and quickly. I watch mine like a hawk for that very reason and keep some antibiotics on hand as the first line of defense. As you know, the ultimate 'cure' for it can be very ugly. ;-)

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Keith - It happens pretty easily and quickly. I watch mine like a hawk for that very reason and keep some antibiotics on hand as the first line of defense. As you know, the ultimate 'cure' for it can be very ugly. ;-)
Thanks again UP! I was not aware of this before hand. I will be talking to my doctor about a stash of antibiotics just for the occasion. Very good idea. 4 surgeries on this knee is enough! I don't want anymore if I can avoid it

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Knee infections are common, but a PIA to take care of. Dave (my brother) had to have one of his knees re-done due to an infection. Glad your's is doing better!

Top Bottom