Gold Wing spoiler on ST1300 top case???

Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
So.... I'm new to this forum and just picked up my ST1300 on Sunday. Got lucky and won an auction for a Hondaline top case yesterday but the cost of the only factory spoilers I could find are outside of my budget. When I was searching for spoilers I saw a bunch of Goldwing ones for much cheaper. Question is, does anyone have a goldwing top case with spoiler who would be willing to provide some dimensions? Tried searching online but couldn't find the details. Really wondering if the width would fit on the ST topcase.

As I've been thinking through this it seems there is a bit of a curve to both boxes. I was thinking that the curve on both would be similar. Even if they aren't exact, a heat gun, some rubber spacers, and some patience could probably make up the difference.

Thoughts???

If I can't make those work I'll have to get a little more creative. Really need to add the extra lights. Wife is not happy about me using a bike to commute to work in a high traffic area. Adding the lights is part of my strategy to make it a little more acceptable...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Really need to add the extra lights.
In the interim you might consider doing what remy suggests and add a third brake light. Many of us have replaced the rear reflector with an EMS strobe (red).

I can't know if any rear-end collisions were avoided but there have been several instances where cars have stopped two lengths behind me (not just testers LOL). There are several threads and many different lights to consider but the Whelen LIN3 is a favorite and near perfect fit for the reflector boss.

FYI— this particular type of light is probably not legal for civilians in any state but I've never been stopped for mine. There are legal alternatives (check your state laws) but none as effective. Your call.

You can easily install it in just a couple of hours (those familiar with the ST can do it quicker but not to worry) while waiting to fab the spoiler.

And if you have a Honda topbox you really need a/the LED spoiler. Personally I think the spoiler should be (and is?) a brake light only and like the concept of separate brake and tail light add-ons. It helps the brake light stand out. But the LIN3 or equivalent trumps all those!

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
You'll probably find that the Gold WIng trunk is wider and flatter on the top than the 1300 case. The 'Wing spoiler could probably be made to fit, but it might be a lot of work to get everything aligned so the lights point out at the right angle.

Also, fitting a GL spoiler to a 1300 case may cause the bike to pull hard to one side in the vicinity of Dairy Queens. :D

--Mark

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Blrfl said:
Also, fitting a GL spoiler to a 1300 case may cause the bike to pull hard to one side in the vicinity of Dairy Queens.
My ST does that without a top box! ​:grin:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Also, fitting a GL spoiler to a 1300 case may cause the bike to pull hard to one side in the vicinity of Dairy Queens. :D--Mark
Mark, are you trying to tell us something us Wingers don't already know? In my 7th Wing and every one of them has that problem :)

Top Bottom