Tank leg pads

South Central PA above the Mason Dixon line
Bike
2012 ST1300
I installed a new center tank protector but can not find the tank side protectors from Honda. Anybody know if anyone still has stock?

I have the mirror deflectors and wonder if anyone has installed the Honda mirror deflectors along with the mirror wings from California Scientific.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
Re: Tank leg pads.

Tank Pad - rear (Honda Part# 08P61-MCS-100) $54.95
Tank Sides (Honda Part# 17505-MCS-315) $27.95 (both sides)

Prices are current on bike bandit

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #

(Update) The set I had a gone.

I have a set that I never installed. They are yours for $20 (for the set), plus postage. Now I just need to remember where I put them.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Honda ST13

When I bought my ST1300, I didn't realize the tank pads were in the saddlebags until I got home. This being my first ST, I assumed the pads went on the saddlebags to prevent scuffing. I spent some time trying to figure out where they were supposed to be placed and nowhere really made sense. So I googled pictures of the ST1300 until I found a picture of them on the tank. Doh!

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #

When I bought my ST1300, I didn't realize the tank pads were in the saddlebags until I got home. This being my first ST, I assumed the pads went on the saddlebags to prevent scuffing. I spent some time trying to figure out where they were supposed to be placed and nowhere really made sense. So I googled pictures of the ST1300 until I found a picture of them on the tank. Doh!
Yup - been there. When I bought my ST1300 I ordered a Honda shop manual and then when I went to pick up the bike, the manual had come in - and on the way home, I stopped at a used book shop...and...wait for it...found a Honda ST1300 shop manual.

Anybody need a brand new - totally unmolested-still-in-the-shrink-wrap Honda ST1300 shop manual?

Pete

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

Yup - been there. When I bought my ST1300 I ordered a Honda shop manual and then when I went to pick up the bike, the manual had come in - and on the way home, I stopped at a used book shop...and...wait for it...found a Honda ST1300 shop manual.

Anybody need a brand new - totally unmolested-still-in-the-shrink-wrap Honda ST1300 shop manual?

Pete
Sorry, I got two myself! :eek:4:

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #

These things are harder and harder to find. bikebandit.com says they have them but cancelled my order. Same with Partzilla.com, cancelled my order 1 week later. I just found another site that appears to be overseas and they claim to have 1 set. Will see what happens to this order! Very frustrating!

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES

These things are harder and harder to find. bikebandit.com says they have them but cancelled my order. Same with Partzilla.com, cancelled my order 1 week later. I just found another site that appears to be overseas and they claim to have 1 set. Will see what happens to this order! Very frustrating!
Hey I found a set in my garage that I had for my bike that I sold PM me if you have not bought a set and they will be very reasonable and are still in the packet.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I like the look of those. They look grippier than the stock pads so they should help a little bit with the tendency to slide forward on the seat.
The pic on the bike is not the snakeskin material, it's more like the previous lower cost stuff they make or used to make. The snakeskin is thicker and more rubbery... like in this pic:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just bought a brand new set off ebay for $23!

Just got to keep your eyes open! ;)

Thanks to reading this post, now i know what are those 2 things in my saddlebags too. My bike is 13 years old. HAHAHA. When i looked at them a little closer i noticed that on the edges the paper was coming apart from the pad itself. Is there any safe glue i could use to attache it to the tank?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Thanks to reading this post, now i know what are those 2 things in my saddlebags too. My bike is 13 years old. HAHAHA. When i looked at them a little closer i noticed that on the edges the paper was coming apart from the pad itself. Is there any safe glue i could use to attache it to the tank?
I would think perhaps 3M contact adhesive, or maybe one of the door gasket (those soft rubber extrusions glued to a car body around the door opening) adhesives. Read the instructions on the package or better yet, call 3M product support (customer support). And, it would be a good idea to test the glue on the bottom of the tank or a part of the tank not visible until you raise it up in front.

Top Bottom