Anyone build a heat recovery panel yet?

Bike
2010 ST1300
liquid heating is built in....

Now it might be clever the next time you service your radiator hoses to put in a couple of brass tee fittings and create a shunt tube that some how wraps around the vertical part of the handlebars or routs through your seat.. A small butterfly valve could control the amount of heat like the heater control in your car.. If I lived in a colder location I might be temped to do that.
Tonythecarguy (his screen name) had a cooling vest at OHSTOC. This unit pumped ice water from an insulated cooler through tubes in his vest. If said Tee fittings fed tubes in something like a cummerbund or strap on chaps that might be what the doctor ordered.

Bike
1993 ST 1100
I have not used it for anything like that, its just my opinion that it would be a good product to use and it holds a shape. wraping anything you do in Aluminum tape to insulate it would be a good start.

That looks promising. Think it would hold shape up into the 200+ degree range? It would be pretty close to the engine and some of the exhaust heat.

Just got back from my test ride with the main open areas taped and the access panel off. There is definitely some air flow pushing the hot air onto my knees. Ambient temp was low 50s and I was in light jeans but could feel the warmth on my knees at 55mph. Not bad. Might have to keep pushing on...

Top Bottom