Trip to Tokyo

Bike
'03 ST1300 ABS
I have to go to Tokyo next week on a business trip.

As a confessed addict running out of options, I would like to see if I can't find some new farkles that you can only find in Japan.

Can anyone recommend a store in Tokyo that sells fancy lights, thingymejigs and other whathaveyounots ?

Thanks !

Bike
03 ST1300A
STOC #
Heck, do they even sell the ST1300 there? When I lived there (many years ago) they didn't sell big bikes like that. Some very cool smaller bikes - 4cyl 400s and the like.

Hope you enjoy Tokyo more than I did. Only visited once and said I'd never go back.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Heck, do they even sell the ST1300 there? When I lived there (many years ago) they didn't sell big bikes like that. Some very cool smaller bikes - 4cyl 400s and the like.

Hope you enjoy Tokyo more than I did. Only visited once and said I'd never go back.
ST1300, no.. but you can get a goldwing w/windshield wiper
http://www.honda.co.jp/GOLDWING/

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
There's or at least there used to be a whole motorcycle area/district/zone in Tokyo called the Ueno District. I was there a few years back and it's really overwhelming. Lots of silly stuff but some good stuff too. I didn't find that the prices were cheaper, in fact where I could compare they were significantly higher, but if you want something you just can't get stateside....

http://www.geocities.ws/singvfr/ueno.html

I think I actually enjoyed the Roppongi District (nightlife, clubs, bars restaurants, etc.) more though.

Been to Japan a half dozen times on business. It grows on you and I wouldn't mind returning some day.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
We went to Tokyo just this last Sept. , arrived at Narita airport , took train then bullet train up to Misawa AFB where son was stationed , ran around for a week or so in his RHD Forester , that was a hoot on all the narrow roads , driving on the left ,( watch out for power poles 2' into the roads in the cities ), then son drove us back down to Tokyo , then Narita.
I only saw 1 GoldWing 1800 the entire time and No ST1300 or 1100 s at all. Saw 1 Shadow Aero 750 and LOTS of scooters everywhere. Also Lots of luck with restaurants , NO TIPPING ( & so no refills , etc . since waitresses don't have to care ) I was so glad to be back in the USA restaurants again afterwards & with American food !
I would not expect to find accessories for road bikes there , scooter stuff - yeah ....

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I'm thinking your top box needs a big rubber Godzilla with eyes that light up red when you step on the brakes.

--Mark

Top Bottom