Another Uncle Phil Medical Adventure

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Phil
Glad to hear you are doing better! Can't wait to catch up on scars and recovery stories!

Take care and speedy reovery!
Randy

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Golly - I take a hiatus form the forum for a few weeks and I come back to THIS!

Glad to read you're in recovery mode Uncle Phil. :)

STOC #
Hey UP! It's been many moons since I've visited this forum, but I came back just to wish you a fast and complete recovery from this latest episode. Sorry I didn't send my regards sooner.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Home at last! They finally got my blood to a thickness somewhat less than water, took out the drain, and sent me home. The leg is about 1 1/2 times the original size, so hopefully the swelling will come down as we go along. And since it has been said many times -

:worthless

here's what I got to bring home with me. As I always say

"Some men have tattoos, REAL MEN HAVE SCARS!!!" :D
You need a kilt to wear to show off your gams! I know where you can get one ;) All the best in the healing process.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hey UP! It's been many moons since I've visited this forum, but I came back just to wish you a fast and complete recovery from this latest episode. Sorry I didn't send my regards sooner.
Well, looks like I've swapped from orthopedic adventures to circulatory adventures for a while. At least it's different! :D Hope things are going well for you out yonder.

OhiaBoy

R.I.P. - 2017/06/09
Rest In Peace
Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
How is that leg healing UP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
How is that leg healing UP? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, the nerves are being unpleasant as they start to hook back up. The swelling is going down and I can almost get a boot on my left foot. Just not much sleep these days as it all knits itself together. That's why I am posting at 11:30 PM ... ;-)

saddletramp8511

R.I.P. - 2019/01/01
Rest In Peace
Bike
2014 Gold Wing
Well, the nerves are being unpleasant as they start to hook back up. The swelling is going down and I can almost get a boot on my left foot. Just not much sleep these days as it all knits itself together. That's why I am posting at 11:30 PM ... ;-)
I take it you aren't to be double timing it to the geedunk for pogey bait any time soon...Semper Fi. my brother mend soon......Bill

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Would you two stop using such language. It brings back my memories of "yellow footprints" & my first night in the Receiving Barracks. Glad to hear you're doing well. Semper Fi....my brothers.
Ah yes, the yellow footprints that some times had a bit of yellow liquid near them shortly after the feet hit them ... ;-)

Bike
2005 Concours
Ah yes, the yellow footprints that some times had a bit of yellow liquid near them shortly after the feet hit them ... ;-)
Not sure about that, but I know there was some tears of regret!!! The kid in front of me had them rolling down his cheeks. Of course the DI had to "mention" it. I think I'll go to the VA, and request a hearing test. My left ear has never been the same since that night...lol. Isn't it great to be a member, past or present, of the largest fraternity ever!!!!!

Semper Fi...UP.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Not sure about that, but I know there was some tears of regret!!! The kid in front of me had them rolling down his cheeks. Of course the DI had to "mention" it. I think I'll go to the VA, and request a hearing test. My left ear has never been the same since that night...lol. Isn't it great to be a member, past or present, of the largest fraternity ever!!!!! Semper Fi...UP.

I remember the day they took one of our recruits out in a straight jacket when he came unglued. That's pretty interesting to watch them put a feller in one of those!

I ran into another jarhead and he told me this story -

They were in the mess hall in boot camp and a 'private' was really acting up. The DIs grabbed him, dragged him outside, shot him, and threw the body in the dumpster. The green recruits didn't know it was all a scheme until they saw the 'recruit' in a DI uniform several weeks later. Needless to say, there were no discipline problems for while until they found out. ;-)

Top Bottom