White round connector on throttle body

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Couple of questions.
1) There is a white round connector hanging from my throttle body, where does this connect? I can't find its mate.(nevermind--airbox lid...doh!)
2) In the right front of the engine valley, just above the thermostat housing is a black sensor, what connects to this?
3) Where does the idle speed cable poke through the frame?
4) Can someone sneak into my garage at night and put it all back together while I'm not looking? (I'll leave beer in the cooler):please1:
I know, I know, but I've managed to misplace my service manual, I'm sore and frustrated at this point so looking for it is pointless :banghead:

UPDATE!!!
Eureka!!! Thanks to a member who posted a pic in another thread, I was able to wrap my head around it all!!!! So far.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
The black sensor near the thermostat... would this be the ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor?
The idle speed cable fits in a loop of heavy wire that hangs down from the frame just ahead of the right valve cover. The white grooved section fits in the loop part of the hanger.

Hope that helped...
Garry

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
In the right front of the engine valley, just above the thermostat housing is a black sensor, what connects to this?
There's a black connector hanging from under the throttle bodies. It routes through the rubber heat shield and to that right front black connector. You have to hook it up or at least route the connector before mounting the throttle bodies on the insulators.

There are a couple of other things I'd do before mounting the throttle bodies. 1) attache the water hoses to the SE thermal valve. 2) Attach the throttle cables to the drum, a lot easier to do it at this point that when mounted. When the throttle bodies are mounted you can then tighten down the throttle cables with the two little screws.

Top Bottom