Ride to Texas

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Years ago I did NM180 with Dana & Vicki Teal on our way to George's 666STOC on 7-7-07! Great ride!

What happening at San Angelo? I'll be down there myself (and wife) to visit my son (USAF) and his family.

OP
OP
cjames431
Bike
2010 ST1300
Years ago I did NM180 with Dana & Vicki Teal on our way to George's 666STOC on 7-7-07! Great ride!

What happening at San Angelo? I'll be down there myself (and wife) to visit my son (USAF) and his family.
5mo of school. I'm there till end of September. Give me a holler.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
5mo of school. I'm there till end of September. Give me a holler.
5 MONTHS! :22yikes:

Chris and I are planning on being there, staying at the Clarion Hotel from May 27th to June 2nd. So we'll have to get together at some point!

As we get closer, we'll have to set up a date/time! :D

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
I will look at 180. My skill level is not up to the double plus 10 so the google maps estimate of 3 hours is rather doubtful for me.

I like Mexican food. Any particular restaurant you recommend?

I haven't been through Hatch since before you were born. Place has changed a bit since then, I'm sure. :D Seems like some other members on here have been there since and had some recommendations. Ziammon???

Could be that George and I will be riding over that way shortly. If that happens, might have a place to go to -- or one to avoid.

OP
OP
cjames431
Bike
2010 ST1300
I haven't been through Hatch since before you were born. Place has changed a bit since then, I'm sure. :D Seems like some other members on here have been there since and had some recommendations. Ziammon???

Could be that George and I will be riding over that way shortly. If that happens, might have a place to go to -- or one to avoid.
I will post when I take off maybe an RTE to Hatch could occur about the time I pass through :cool:

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
THE place to eat in Hatch is Sparky's. Any other (2 other) are small cafe places.

FYI the only chile's (with and e in NM) in Hatch right now are dried and red or frozen from last fall's harvest.

I'll be Florida the week of your ride or I'd be at a RTE. FYI Sparky's is stand in line packed most any day of the week by 11. Here in NM you can get green chile's on your burger at McD's, Whataburger or most anywhere. I wouldn't even suggest you detour the 60 miles round trip just to see hatch this time of year. YMMV.

Not to rain on your parade but not much ST stuff happening in NM. You'd probably in all reality be they only person at your RTE.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Two of us are going out east those same days, starting from our homes in Smith Nevada, about 3 hours SE of Sacto. We'll be leaving on Apr 13 and our route will be almost all non-interstate, riding some great roads in AZ, NM and then getting to the San Angelo area on the 17th or 18th. Very few freeway miles. PM me if interested in our route.

OP
OP
cjames431
Bike
2010 ST1300
Two of us are going out east those same days, starting from our homes in Smith Nevada, about 3 hours SE of Sacto. We'll be leaving on Apr 13 and our route will be almost all non-interstate, riding some great roads in AZ, NM and then getting to the San Angelo area on the 17th or 18th. Very few freeway miles. PM me if interested in our route.
I need to be in San Angelo by 16April.

Bike
2006 Honda ST-1300
If you decide to pas thru Vegas area - suggest stopping to eat at Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, NV then take 164 to Searchlight/Laughlin and work your way over thru Oatman, AZ then on to Kingman.

OP
OP
cjames431
Bike
2010 ST1300
If you decide to pas thru Vegas area - suggest stopping to eat at Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, NV then take 164 to Searchlight/Laughlin and work your way over thru Oatman, AZ then on to Kingman.
Their menu says everything is 0.01. If that's correct it will be well worth stopping to eat :eek:

Last edited:

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
I think we're going to go that way to Oatman, then run out and back on 66 then south by Lake Havasu, ending up that night in Buckeye. Thx for the restaurant recco.

Top Bottom