Send a message to Honda ?

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Mr Hancock has talked about this before. Hard to believe 10 years have passed. This is proof the search engine does work on ST-O: https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?26299-Honda-responds-in-print-to-Pan-European-weave&highlight=Hancock
The most interesting line in that article is at the end:

Following that press launch, Hancock got a call from the president of Honda R&D, telling him that a process would be put in place, that, as Hancock put it, “R&D cannot produce any bike that hasn't been signed off by me.†That process still stands today.

The limited number of larger models in recent years may have something to do with R&D's inability to get Dave Hancock's John Hancock on what they come up with.

(I also can't rule out the fact that motorcycles don't sell anything like they used to in markets where they're primarily for recreation.)

--Mark

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I converted the steering head bearings to tapered roller and installed using this technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQHu3t-0QEA
I pretty much get the same results with a C/T and M/T. I have spent waaaay to much time and effort on this issue and understand what the problem is now, I enjoy my ST1300 and feel it is an excellent sport tour mile muncher--just have to watch my speed.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
If you have a need for speed. Then just add 10 to 20 pounds on your front forks.

Aerodynamic lift, weight on the back end, motor torque all create lift on the front end.
Wobble and weave is where the front tire is just starting to loose contact with the road.
All motorcycles will do this.
Making the bike longer will put more weight on the front tire.
If you are riding and you begin to feel the bike is stating to wobble, lean forward and put your body weight on the handle bars.
It is mostly about weight and balance. Frame flex (2002) was also a contributor...

Ride safe out there.

Bike
2005 ST1300
If you have a need for speed. Then just add 10 to 20 pounds on your front forks.

Aerodynamic lift, weight on the back end, motor torque all create lift on the front end.
Wobble and weave is where the front tire is just starting to loose contact with the road.
All motorcycles will do this.
Making the bike longer will put more weight on the front tire.
If you are riding and you begin to feel the bike is stating to wobble, lean forward and put your body weight on the handle bars.
It is mostly about weight and balance. Frame flex (2002) was also a contributor...

Ride safe out there.
This makes sense. I'm sure it doesn't explain every bike that wobbles but many of them

My ST is super smooth & stable up to about 110 then starts to feel lighter. I have only taken it to 125 a couple times. I now keep it under 110 when I am in wide open spaces.

Sure makes 80 feel pedestrian. Love this bike.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom