Returning Pan Owner

Had a new Pan in 2010, kept it for 4 years but sadly moved on, Here I am again picking up a new one in Scotland in a few weeks, it's one of the last available and I decided to return to a bike my partner loved while I had a chance to get a new one at a good price, nothing else for her has matched it. It was a great bike. I have been looking into the model years and I have been able to confirm that this is an ST1300A-E and means that it rolled of the factory line in 2014, I know that the information on the last pans seems vague and to point to 2012, thought I would at least post what I have found out. I know this means that my new bike is actually knocking on for 3 years old, but with a good discount and the amazing build quality and a two year warranty that I might upgrade to three, I am still very happy to be heading back to a ST1300. My previous one was an A9.

Why they have let this model go and not updated it beats me, my other bike is a CRF1000L with DCT, now merge that system with a new updated Pan an Honda would be bursting the sales doors again.

However I am happy to be back on a machine I know well, as my partner said a limousine in the bike world.

Take care all, ride safe.

Last edited:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Last edited:
OP
OP
I've got a dear friend that lives just across the bridge on your side in Dunfermline and one that lives up in Dunoon. I've got some McPherson on my father's side - but don't hold that against me. :D

http://www.unclephil.us/UK2005Home.htm

http://www.unclephil.us/UK2006Home.htm

And almost there on my run over Hardknott Pass (60 miles short or so) ;-) -

http://www.unclephil.us/UK2015Home.htm
Thanks for the links buddy, will be a nice wee read, I work in Dunfermline, it's only about 7 miles from my house. My first Pan I broke in on a work trip to Dunoon way back in 2010, small world.

OP
OP
Thanks John, I don't think there are any differences other than colours, thanks for the info, appreciated. Looking forward to being back on the Pan.

I visit family down in Easingwold which will be in your area. Been down that way on the old Pan a fair few times. We are lucky in Scotland with some great rides but I have done the moors etc and had some great rides over the east side.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
Heading back home to Scotland on Wednesday for a couple of weeks. Wonder if I can squeeze a new ST in to my hand carry for the flight back to San Diego?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bike
2004, ST 1300
I wish you well with your new Pan and I hope you and your pillion get years of enjoyment and safe riding out of it. Jim.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Welcome back to the world of ST1300s/Pans! :D

Congrats on the purchaseof your :bk13:

OP
OP
Thank you all for the great comments and the warm welcome. Looking forward to it second time around, I dropped my last one off three years ago and on Sunday it was almost like I had returned the very next to pick it up. I forgot how super smooth and effortless these bikes are, I have ridden all sorts over 35 years, the media may no longer favour it, Honda seem to have let it go, it's got nothing fancy about it, it's fallen behind in the technology. Yet it is without doubt the greatest machine I have ridden or owned, it's just SIMPLY a brilliant class act, it was yesteryear, it is today and it will continue to be so for many more years to come. In the end it's all about spinning Wheels and rolling miles and happy smiles

Bike
'09 ST1300
1964, it is clear how much you enjoy your ST1300 and believe me, you're not alone, I for one am one of those also. Many will trade/sell these fine motorcycles to get lighter and faster ones, I was always wondering why ? I also am on my second one only because I wanted ABS, I had an '06 and now '09 ABS. These bikes will and do everything right. Oh sure, there are RT1200's, FJRs and Concourses but still like my ST better. Every motorcycle could be improved but STs are sure as good as it gets.
Safe riding.
Cheers.

Top Bottom