If many motorcyclists fail on the same spot...

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
[FONT=&amp]... there must be something in the water on the bridge... [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Oil? Algae? [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[video=youtube_share;9ckNPTQ2dNw]https://youtu.be/9ckNPTQ2dNw[/video]

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you look to the left of the crossing, you see lots of 'green stuff'. So I imagine there's plenty of algae underneath the water since the water does not appear to be moving very fast. And that stuff is slicker than fresh snot on a door knob! ;-) If you go straight up and easy on the throttle, you would probably be fine. If you have the least amount of lean, you will slide out - I speak from personal experience on that one as a veteran of many creek crossings out in the hills! :D

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Anybody thinking the locals may have 'spiked' the water with something to test how good these riders really were???
Maybe algae... with a little help!!!

Bike
2010 ST1300
Every one of them began their trip across the bridge leaning because they had just exited a turn and were prepping for the next. That on a slippery surface is deadly. Or, maybe they just need "The Rain Tire".....

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I've done that, turning a corner on a street with a small puddle in the middle. It looked insignificant, but, at a slow speed, hitting it in the turn, I quickly found myself and the bike on our sides. It's most likely algae.

Bike
2003 ST1300
this is an edited video, maybe every other rider not shown made it fine, and only these few fell.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I've ridden a few crossings like that down in Mexico - thankfully without a turn right before the crossing. It's always been algae that made those slick. When I see those, I slow down to a few mph and coast across with the clutch in if possible. I consider myself lucky so far to have made them all (probably jinxed myself). Two friends were just down in Baja a month ago and the went down on such a water crossing right next to each other. Guy behind got it on video.

Top Bottom