Moto-Travel on older bike, Yes or No?

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Well, Afan...my take on this is...so you're close to fifty years old, what kind of shape are you in...has the maintenance been done, the hoses replaced, the wiring updated, everything checked to the max.....and yet you have a heart attack.....or a stroke or aneurysm.....can't really know what life brings.....just keep on keeping on....ff.... you're bike's the same way.......

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Uhm... I don't plan to take a ride on an old bike. I probably wasn't clear (nothing new :) ). It was just a topic for nice chat with a cup of coffee or a bottle of beer. Just "I wonder, what if...".
I'm working on my ST right now and already changed (read "invested") so much on it it would be stupid to abandon my ST. Yes, I was thinking to trade it in for other, a bit smaller and lighter bike, V-Strom, or Versys (thanks Larry). But then suddenly decided to keep the beauty.
Yes, I'm still thinking about the second bike (thinking about 2014 or 2015 CB500x but new, zero miles), but something much newer than bikes I mentioned in my topic. It's Just when watching some video clips on YouTube about rides people do on their old bikes, I wish I can do it too. Slow roads, no faster than 65 mph, couple hundred miles a day... Local restaurants and breweries... Somehow I think just riding an old bike it (re)defines many things...
Who knows... Maybe if I find some old bike, barn find, cheap... As Winter project... While working on my ST, more and more enjoy working a bike...

Top Bottom