Are Honda's warehouses empty ?

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Except for the 4" difference in seat height!!!
Which is a big factor for many people.
There are lots of short people who ride but don't want a cruiser.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
A better replacement is the VFR1200X. Arguably the sweetest engine ever put in a motorcycle.
Sorry Honda, unlike many I'm not interested in an "adventure bike" (as if travelling on any motorcycle isn't an adventure). I like the ST's protection and ability to effortlessly, and comfortably, carry two-up across the continent, if the mood takes them. I also appreciate the graceful lines that include integrated luggage to hold the clothes and accessories for that cross-continent adventure.

I chose the ST1300 because it was a bike I could play a little boy racer on if the corners tightened up, or have my wife join me for a leisurely tour for a week or so. I wasn't ready for the size and heft of a Gold Wing, needed more two-up capability than my then Yamaha XJ750RH and had always admired the lines of the ST, especially the ST1300's refined form. I didn't know when I bought it that I'd also come to love the deep, sweet hum of the V4 engine's smooth power delivery.

Knock a hundred pounds (Ok, maybe not realistic, but one can always hope :) ) or so off the ST1300 and add the convenience features all modern sport touring bikes now come with and I'll be on the showroom floor taking a look, but an adventure bike or a de-tuned, cruiserized V4 1300 package isn't going to get my pulse racing or open my wallet.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry Honda, unlike many I'm not interested in an "adventure bike" (as if travelling on any motorcycle isn't an adventure). I like the ST's protection and ability to effortlessly, and comfortably, carry two-up across the continent, if the mood takes them. I also appreciate the graceful lines that include integrated luggage to hold the clothes and accessories for that cross-continent adventure.

I chose the ST1300 because it was a bike I could play a little boy racer on if the corners tightened up, or have my wife join me for a leisurely tour for a week or so. I wasn't ready for the size and heft of a Gold Wing, needed more two-up capability than my then Yamaha XJ750RH and had always admired the lines of the ST, especially the ST1300's refined form. I didn't know when I bought it that I'd also come to love the deep, sweet hum of the V4 engine's smooth power delivery.

Knock a hundred pounds (Ok, maybe not realistic, but one can always hope :) ) or so off the ST1300 and add the convenience features all modern sport touring bikes now come with and I'll be on the showroom floor taking a look, but an adventure bike or a de-tuned, cruiserized V4 1300 package isn't going to get my pulse racing or open my wallet.

:plus1: Yep! That's why I have the ones I have....as soon as I can get them all running at the same time! :eek:4:

Last edited:
I called my local dealer about an ST1300 that I had seen on his floor. He told me he had sold it two weeks ago. I asked if he would be getting any more and he said they are all gone. I called another dealer and got the same answer. I looked on the web and found one about 60 miles away. I called and he still had it. About six hours later I was riding home on a new Black 2012 ST1300AC. I may have bought the last one in the southwest. There are four left on Cycletrader and there may be a few more hiding in some dealers inventory but Honda's cupboard is bare. (so I have been told.) I now have my backup plan. I will still be riding my 06 for a couple of years. The 12 will be in my garage getting farkeled up awaiting the retirement of the 06.....
I have ridden a lot of other bikes I have looked at the new stuff. The Honda got it right with the ST1300. I guess we are the only ones who know that.....
Congrats on the NOS 12. I bought my 09 Police as NOS late summer 2012. Looking back I would have liked a civilian model better for luggage, but the Police speedometer is great. Within 1 mph of the GPS. Also rather fun getting wary looks from speeding idiots in cages, especially with modulated lights on. Had a semi pull over once in Nebraska. He was running almost 100mph and thought it was about to get expensive. I smiled and waved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Well, one thing is for certain... if it's true that the warehouses are empty or almost empty... perhaps Honda will consider the next Gen STXXXX.... it's quite possible they were waiting until they could unload the inventory... no one knows but Honda and they aren't going to tell us anything until we see it on the site.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, one thing is for certain... if it's true that the warehouses are empty or almost empty... perhaps Honda will consider the next Gen STXXXX.... it's quite possible they were waiting until they could unload the inventory... no one knows but Honda and they aren't going to tell us anything until we see it on the site.
Interesting article today about how upside down Honda is on their new jet plane from a financial point of view. Don't know if that has much effect on their 'R&D' or not.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Interesting article today about how upside down Honda is on their new jet plane from a financial point of view. Don't know if that has much effect on their 'R&D' or not.
I don't see the problem, put the logos on the bottom of the plane, now it's right side up again.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The Reuters article today was long on speculation from someone outside of Honda and short on facts from anyone within Honda. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in between.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I don't mind the look of the VFR1200X, and the ergos would be right, but prefer the sleek lines of the ST..PLUS... I had to have Spencer cut 1" off my seat in order to get balls of my feet on the ground (not flat footed). In order to ride a VFR they'd have to remove the seat entirely, plus part of the frame, top of the motor etc etc lol

STOC #
I don't mind the look of the VFR1200X, and the ergos would be right, but prefer the sleek lines of the ST..PLUS... I had to have Spencer cut 1" off my seat in order to get balls of my feet on the ground (not flat footed). In order to ride a VFR they'd have to remove the seat entirely, plus part of the frame, top of the motor etc etc lol
Wonder what ever happened to the VFR1200ST which was rumored about six years ago? Is the ST1100/1300 engine configuration over & done? IMHO, it looks like Honda is not working on a replacement engine & whatever they have left they dumped into the CTX. If they bring the CTX back it will be to use up NOS inventories.

Bike
'08 ST1300
--just did a search; got plenty of units in their warehouses; ready for spring; --- what? never mind , I thought you said lawnmowers.

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
I just saw a Santa Clara County Sheriff moto-cop with a brand new ST1300 at the coffee shop I visit once a week. I talked to him and was surprised he had a new one (paper plate). He said their department does not want to change bikes and they have to import them from Australia. They can still get them down there from what he says.

Dan

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Honda did say they were going to continue selling the ST1300P in the U.S., and an Australian bike wouldn't be street-legal here without a bunch of modification.

--Mark

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just went on to Cycletrader, there's only a handful of new ones available there, so I would say the new ones are getting scarce.

Top Bottom