ST restored....

STOC #
I've been enjoying the "new" to me '91 ST1100 for a bit over a month now.

Almost 6K miles later and two trips to NY and Ontario, I can say that I'm very glad this bike found it's way to me.

The story has a very sad beginning.

A friend of mine purchased two ST's, both damaged and decided to build one out of the two.

Some of you may remember him from this or other forums (XX, ZX12, BMW GS or STN....) His name was Jerry Bell and used either "Motobeagle" or "Ishkabible" names at these forums.

Jerry was very excited about his new ride. As his project was completed, we talked about me buying the leftover parts.....
I used to have the '92 model in 1999. I sold the bike after one season of use and 30K miles and I always wated to buy one again.

Unfortunately, Jerry died tragically in a bike accident.

I decided to buy the bike as we planned and rebuild it in Jerry's memmory....

Took me longer than I thought, but thanks to Jeff, Don (freeSTyle) and few other friends, I'm happy to say that the bike is functional and rides quite nice !

The license plate arived few days ago....

Here are few shots, hope you enjoy them and think of Jerry and other fallen fellow riders.....

Peace.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Omega.Rider

Weapons-grade stupid
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
A beautiful restoration. I love that saddle. Is that a custom-made peice?

I"m sure your friend will be keeping pace with you ever mile, watching over your shoulder and keeping you safe. Never rider faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Peter, was this bike an original SSMST? If yes, ya got get it on John Oo's SSMST registry.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
SSM = Shiny Silver Metallic. John Oosterhaus is the originator and keeper of the registry for the original silver 91 STs. So, if your restored bike was originally silver, he wants to know about it. STGhOOST@aol.com.

Last edited:

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Hi Peter,

Nice to hear from you again. It's been a long time. IIRC your 92 was having the dreaded 28amper/VRR problems. Did you do the 40amp upgrade before you sold it? CornSTOC still hasn't happened, but I still think about it each year. :)^)

Congrats on your SSMST. Great job of restoration, and a very nice tribute to your friend! Lemme know when you come up with a STeed Handle for it. With your permission, I'll send a pic of your SSMST to my friend Rob Parker to add to his custom painted ST1100/ST1300 webpage.

I've dutifully entered you and your STeed in the Unofficial SSMST RegiSTry (now 60 STrong, counting you). Don't take it too seriously, it's just a little lark I started a few years ago to have ammo for the occasion colo(u)r war on the STOC ST1100/ST1300 LiSTserv.

Regards, John OoSTerhuis STOC 1058
[Keeper of the Unofficial SSMST RegiSTry]
91 SSMST, The Grey GhOOST
Bettendorf, Iowa

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
My friend, George Catt, asks:

Hey, John, is the regiSTry available to the general public?
Hi George,

Sure, I'll add anybody that contacts me directly (STGhOOST@aol.com) to the Sparkling Silver Metallic RegiSTry. Any Canadian '90 or USA '91 SSM ST1100, regardless of current colo(u)r, is accepted. Once an SSMST, always an SSMST.

[and no, the two silver ST13 color years {'03/'07} aren't eligible... in 10 years or so you can start your own RegiSTry:) ]

Just send me: full name, state, STOC number, and STeed Handle please. However, once entered, you're obligated to notify me if you sell your SSMST, or heaven forbid, remove it from the active fleet by totaling it.:(

But hey, don't take this too seriously. There's no membership numbers or anything like that. Just pride of ownership of the very first edition of this amazing motorcycle. Plus, everyone knows that the 91 SSMs are the beST built, and are definitely the faSTeST of all the ST1100 model years and colo(u)rs that Mother Honda ever produced! And it's great to know how many of these rare beauties are STill out there, being lovingly cared for, and being RIDDEN! That's all.

BTW, if anyone's owned a 1991 ST1100 (SSM, or even a 'common black' one) longer than Charlie Smallman, STOC 572, please let me know for my LongeST Owned ST1100 list. Charlie's had his SSMST since Mar 91!

Also, if you have a VIN lower than Brian Glynn, STOC 1623, let me know for my LoweST Sequential Production Number ST1100 list. The last 6 digits of Brian's ST VIN is 100048.

Regards, John OoSTerhuis STOC 1058

"The communion of man and machine in pursuit of `The Ride' is the holy grail of motorcycling. The Ride is the dispenser of motorcyclene, that most elusive and addictive narcotic of the motorcyclist, who is at one with his machine in pursuit of the fulfullment and joy of The Ride."
- Warren Harhay, STOC 174 -

Last edited:

freeSTyle

freeSTyle Don
STOC #
Hey Peter* The ST looks great and what a nice tribute to a friend! Sorry,but I don`t recognise any of the parts you purchased from me..... :>}

Don

Top Bottom