Buell "Rider Enhancement"

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I'm not condoning drug use, little blue pills, or increasing "Happy Bob's" income but I am a "frugal" (cheap) guy. FREEBIES :hat1:will usually get my attention (until I read the disclaimers) and when I saw this, I thought I would share....

The fine folks at Buell are giving away hydration packs. All ya gotta do is force yourself to test ride one of their bikes (how hard is THAT??):nuts1: Seems right neighborly of them.

Although I already have a hydration pack, I think this may be a good excuse to go test ride one of their bikes. Wonder if I can get on one-o-dim 1125Rs for a while??.....:D

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
noneed
I liked sitting on the Buell at the Moto show and they had test rides outside, I went outside for a ride and they started that pos engine, I just turned and walked away. It's too bad Eric Buell got hooked up with HD engines instead of say Ducati.

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Cool. I picked up a free Buehl neck garter this winter just for going out to the dealership and talking to them for 5 minutes.

I already have hydration taken care of so I don't know if I'll bother but maybe if I'm bored I'll remember to hop on down to the local Harley/Buehl dealer and get one.

STOC #
Getting a test ride on an 1125 in Austin is as easy as walking in and saying "Hi, I'd like to test ride the 1125." Cowboy HD has one on the floor and I just had to give them a few minutes to wheel it to the door.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
The new engine is Rotax designed.
The new engine is Buell designed, manufactured by Rotax. I understand there's been a 100% recall due to valve train problems(?). Anyone know fur sur?

Wish I'd known about the hydration gift, I just bought a new pack at Wally World on Monday.

OP
OP
sirepair

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
The new engine is Buell designed, manufactured by Rotax. I understand there's been a 100% recall due to valve train problems(?). Anyone know fur sur?
Wow, hadn't heard that! I checked a few sites and didn't find any reference to a recall on the 1125, nor did I see anyone complaining about valve failures.

Having tinkered on a couple Rotax 500/600 singles while helping my dirt trackin buddies, I find this somewhat hard to believe. Their racing engines are very reliable.

But then again, it's a fairly new design....

Well, if I DO take the test ride I'll have to see if the rev limiter works!:D

Top Bottom