Victory Vision looking better

Computer Nerd

full frontal nerdity
There's a newer version of the Victory Vison called the "Street."

It does not have the funky top case, and BOY does the bike look better.

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newbikephotogalleries/ig/2008-Victory-Vision-Gallery/Vision-Street-Rear-High.htm

This could be my next commuter. I wish it had an option for a smaller size engine. Like say a 1300cc instead of a 1700cc. You wouldn't be like Clarkson going "Powwwwwerrr!" But at least you would have twenty extra bucks in your pocket when you got to where you are going.

There's a newer version of the Victory Vison called the "Street."

It does not have the funky top case, and BOY does the bike look better.
Sorry, with or without the top case I just can't agree that it looks "better".

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I think its FUGLY and impractical, a side case that wont hold a helmet! Oh yea I forgot those guys ride without or with a novelty helmet which might just fit in the side bag.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I pass a couple that rides the tourer everyday running up I-70/76. I just keep thinking Furby when I see it from a distance :D I kid.. I kid :)

They seem real happy on it... all smiles... eye patch, parrot on shoulder and all :D I kid... I kid... :)

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
It's interesting looking ... like roadkill.

I try to like those because they are unique and different than the regular V-twin style that every other bike looks like ... but, I just cannot get on that train.

At the same time there isn't much else to choose from. You have plastic wrapped motor bikes, v-twin cruisers and the Vision. Not much else out there that's unique.

I think it might be big for a commuter ...

Out on a limb here - I like the look of the Victory Vision. To my eye, it's design looks very art deco. I also like looks of the street version better than the tour edition.

I rode one this year at Daytona Bike Week and I found it to be very responsive for a large tourer. It also has the most comfortable stock seat of all the bikes I rode that week.

Would I buy one? Probably, if I had lots of extra money.

Would I trade my ST for one? No way.

Eric

Last edited:

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
I do like the look of the Vision even with the trunk on it. I agree it looks better without the trunk, but it is a really nifty design. I don't want one as my own, but I wouldn't be against going for a test ride on one...

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I agree art deco. Looks like interesting lines and would make a cool toaster.
As a motorcycle it doesn't blow my skirt up. :D YMMV

patiodadio

Motorcyclist
Bike
ST
Check out my ride report on the Vision Street.... the thread is... "I had a Vision"

OP
OP
Computer Nerd

Computer Nerd

full frontal nerdity
Wow, you guys are pretty down on a bike that isn't terribly dissimilar to our own ST in the styling department.

Granted, you have to get over a bit more of a styling acceptance hurdle than with most other bikes.

But I think there are rewards there for somebody with, uh... vision. :)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I applaud Victory for trying something different.. not just throwing out another v-twin cruiser.. nothing wrong with those, just not my thing...

I don't care for the Vision for myself.. if I did, I'd have one. I have the bike now that I currently care to ride. Now, if Victory would throw their hat in the ring on a Sport Tourer.. that could be interesting...

STOC #
Wow, you guys are pretty down on a bike that isn't terribly dissimilar to our own ST in the styling department.

Granted, you have to get over a bit more of a styling acceptance hurdle than with most other bikes.

But I think there are rewards there for somebody with, uh... vision. :)
I said it's a matter of personal taste. More power to them if they are successful. I happen to know a few employees at R&D and they were pretty clear that their goal is to come up with a design that will shock the senses and stimulate wildly opposing opinions. In other words, they didn't want to make a practical looking bike that is targeted for the average rider. As others have pointed out, the bags are useless for carrying substantial gear. I pointed that out to the dude at the M/C show and his attitude was 'style over function'.

For me the problem is this; it's not something I consider a practical motorcycle to own. I spent time examining this bike closely and figure they wasted 6 inches of open air on either side of the engine and about 8 inches in the back end to come up with that deco-whatever look. They could have made this thing narrower and shorter by simply body design and it would have been something more realistic to most motorcycles, while still having a unique look. But unique is not enough and they went for something provocative.

I completely disagree this bike is similar to the ST in the styling. Not sure where you can come close to any lines resembling the ST. We all have a different eye I guess. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom