My CCS100 install

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I installed a CCS-100 last week. Pretty straight forward if following the predecessors....:bow1:

I made a vacuum tank for mine, out of 1-1/2" square tubing about 6" long with the ends capped. I then welded a couple short pieces of flat stock on top, a bolt on the bottom and a nut over a hole drilled for the vacuum connection.

I ended up cutting the bolt off (it was a tad too short):nuts1: and I used a couple big-ol wire ties to hold it in place.

This was sized to fit in the opening in the swingarm. Seems to work just fine. I'll have to see how it performs on the Moonshine trip. Here's some pics:

Attachments

OP
OP
sirepair

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Back from the MLR! The cruise control worked flawlessly. Took the scenic route over and utilized the CC only a bit. But I slabbed it back and used the CC alot!

The system worked as advertised; held the speed nicely up hills, rolled off down hills, and allowed me to rest my right hand/arm in lots of different positions. A tap of either brake or a quick squeeze of the clutch and the unit disengaged.

I'm sold! One of the beSTeST farkles EVAH!!

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I hate to resurrect ancient threads but with the demise of webshots I'm getting desperate for pics of how people mounted their servo cable and hooked into the throttle drum (on the ST1100). I've found a few pics of ways I'm not too crazy about so I'm trying to find more options. Thanks for any help!

Don

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I can't find the thread on St riders but John Oo mounted his on the left down low and routed the cable under then up the right side. It pulls on the bottom of the bell crank. Cool way to do it.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Never mind,,,I see in your other thread that you are in good hands.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks for the reply Bigmak! I couldn't remember how John hooked his up. I remember he mounted the servo to one tip over wing and his vac can to the other but didn't remember the cable coming from the bottom, that makes sense though! I started the other thread awhile back, thats when john originally replied, I posted here and there this time in case he doesn't see the other. Thanks again!

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Don, my archives are on my backup HD. I'll get the CC pictures transferred to my new Lenovo desktop and email you a zip file of some of the key ones. But basically I mounted the servo behind the left tipover bar, cable under the engine and up the right side, under the upper frame crossmember where the stop bracket was bolted, 1 1/4" L bar mounted to the center of the throttle bellcrank, 9 balls on the cable end. Vacuum reservoir mounted under the swingarm.

John

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
awesome John, your a lifesaver! your vac can was under the swingarm? I must be thinking of somebody elses who put theirs opposite the servo... I think the 91's have something else there IIRC which would explain why yours was elsewhere. I appreciate any pics you can send, thanks again!

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Don. Only the USA 1991 ST1100s have an external crankcase breather box which is mounted on the right side behind the tip-over bar. You can see it in the pictures I'll send you if you give me your email address, please. As mentioned in the other thread, email me.

John

Last edited:

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
enjoy your new farkle . I have put CC on my last 4 bikes and im glad I did sure wish Honda would make that an option like new fjr and others. oh well I guess it just gives us another reason to take the plastic off and really get to know our naked bike. :)

Top Bottom