The Muffler Man Photo Challenge

Bike
st1300
STOC #
Re: The Muffler Man Tag Challenge

Oh, so a guy has to stick to the straight an narrow? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction coming from Putt... :shrug1:

What the heck, it was just for fun anyway, I didn't even have my bike in the shot. :scared2:

I'll try to get one here in the SoCal area that meets with your expectations... ;)
Dana, I would think Big Paul would be an acceptable large fiberglass man. The 55gal drum man George mentioned....maybe not so much. Fun to see though.:D

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #

Oh, so a guy has to stick to the straight an narrow? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction coming from Putt... :shrug1:

What the heck, it was just for fun anyway, I didn't even have my bike in the shot. :scared2:

I'll try to get one here in the SoCal area that meets with your expectations... ;)

:D

Putt...

Bike
st1300
STOC #

Yuma RV Park, having breakfast with Big Tom.
Snapped up right from under my nose...:eek: Great one Mac...:bow1:

I kept looking to see if Tom was gonna get that one, then before I had a chance... some guy form Ohio / San Diego snags it...Did I ever mention, you sure get around?

Sorry, I also missed breakfast with you guys. Work really is a four letter word.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

I thought I had a pic to contribute.. went back to look.. it was only Coop standing by my bike.. :doh1:

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #

I thought I had a pic to contribute.. went back to look.. it was only Coop standing by my bike.. :doh1:
You let the Coop that close to your bike??
I always chase him off with a stick...

Putt...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

You let the Coop that close to your bike??
I always chase him off with a stick...

Putt...
Apparently, my coop-repellent expired.. that stuff sure don't last long.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #

Haarrgghh. I think Mac set me up with his "lets have breakfast call!" He posted that right in front of me!

It was a short meet...he was heading east on a muffler man mission.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

I picked up a couple today that prolly don't qualify but they fit better here than any other forum.

First, this big guy is in front of a smoke shop near St. Joseph, MO. His arms are articulated, but he's really just a flat sign (both sides, tho) not a 3D mannequin.temp 9.jpg

Next is a Muffler Man sized rocking chair. Actually, too big even for him, it's the largest rocker in the world...temp 9 001.jpg

...as attested to by this Guiness certficate. temp 9 004.jpg

Located 4 miles west of Cuba, MO on ol' 66, this old store was purchased and refurbed, reopened last year. Great local attraction plus they have a texidermy shop, archery range, and everything ofr the hunters and fishers. Worth a stop. temp 9 002.jpg

While I was there, another bike pulled in, Andy and Susan from Columbus, Ohio. They are riding 66 from OK City to Chicago before returning home this Friday. Nice kids on an FJR doing what we all love. temp 9 007.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kc0bid

Maybe I should rename this thread "Over sized oddball tourist attractions" this is fun.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

John, maybe 2 threads? Keep this one Muffler Man and start another one for Over sized oddball attractions?

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I had a very good time today. Didn't do a huge amount of mles, but got two tags and three muffler men.

The first one today is at an auto repair shop in Gallup NM.
The next one is a restaurant in Albequerque NM. The name is on the pole.
The last one is at the Country Barn BBQ and Steaks restaurant in Amarillo TX.
I may have another tomorrow before I get to OzarkSToc.

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
All three good ones, Mac. Yeah, tags 'n such can really cut down on the miles. You got days to go before OzarkSTOC tho.

See ya in CT.

Hey Mac....."How!"

How do you find all these things? You may cut mileage for the day...but you set records for finds!

Have FUN!

Carole

Top Bottom