Crashed my wife's bike... Uh OH!

Bike
KTM EXC450
Mrs. Gazoo and I had just spent the morning installing lowering links and sliding the fork tubes up on her SV650S. She's so happy now that she can get both feet down.

I was taking it over to the local shop to get the kickstand shortened. Two blocks from the house, I miss read the traffic pattern on a right hand yield and needed to STOP! Now, I know I can haul up the ST1300 mid corner, and I wasn't going that fast - but Mrs. Gazoo's Suzuki? Nope. Her front brakes are WAY more touchy than the ST's. So - an unfamilliar bike, combined with a little bit of gravel and a lot of urgency and down I went.

The Suzuki has a couple fresh scratches, bent brake pedal and smashed signal light. My elbow armour took most of the blow.

Anyhow - I picked it up and kept going. Took an awfull lot of ribbing from the boys at the shop. Especially after Mrs. Gazoo walked in to check on our progress...

New kickstand works GREAT!

Gazoo

Last edited:

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm sure there are worse things you could have done, but right now, I can't think of any of them. Just remember that there's always a light on at your friendly Motel 6!

John

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
I see a new Solo Toto t shirt in the works.:p:

OP
OP
gazoo
Bike
KTM EXC450
OK, a quick trip to the stealer and a little elbow grease and it's good to go! I got about half the scratches out...

Pics to follow.

Gazoo

P.S. For some reason, my right hip has started aching. Hmmmmmmm. Must be arthritis...

If it makes you feel any better I backed over my son's bike a few days ago. Seeing your six year old crying hugging a metal pretzel will rip your heart out. I think I would have rather dropped my ST.

Bike
White ST1100AV
STOC #
If it makes you feel any better I backed over my son's bike a few days ago. Seeing your six year old crying hugging a metal pretzel will rip your heart out. I think I would have rather dropped my ST.
God forbid that he's on it next time.

Take care out there!

Cheers & God bless
Sam "SammyTheSnake" Penny

OP
OP
gazoo
Bike
KTM EXC450
Ouch! Agreed. It could be a cool bonding moment to go shopping together for a new shiny one! YAY!

OP
OP
gazoo
Bike
KTM EXC450
and the rest of the pics...

Let me first say that Mrs. Gazoo and I had a blast reading your replies together. The brake pedal and front signal light were replaced easily. The rest, we buffed out as much as reasonable.

So now the bike is lowered on both ends, kickstand shortened, and crash damage repaired. Mrs. Gazoo is happy again.

Today, we RIDE!

Gazoo

P.S.
Remember: It was my failure to read traffic that put me down in the first place. It was a rookie mistake from a 20 year veteran that lead to my first ever crash on the road. Keep you heads up out there.

Attachments

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
I was going to say I have two words for you, "frame sliders." Then I saw the picture of the frame slider :p:

So I've got Three words for you... "Longer Frame Sliders." :D:p:

cmotor

After seeing the pics, I agree with Karen, best to park on the grass for a little while...:D

Top Bottom