ST1300-anyone installed a power windshield on a non poweredbike

Bike
2003 ST1300
Well I am getting to like this bike the more I ride it.Now I am kinda wishing it has a power windshield so I can get more air in town riding.I know that a factory unit would cost way too much. Anyone find a wrecked bike and changed it or is there an aftermarket unit being sold? thanks Jm

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I've done it. I get really angry any time someone brings it up, though. Seriously - WHAT was Honda thinking in 2003???

I did the CalSci kit - the instructions were absolutely horrible. Couple that with ME, who is technically incapable of picking a screwdriver out of a table full of hammers. :roll:

It took me about 12 hours, but I got it done - alone - and it's still working great to this day.

You'll have no problems.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I wish someone would develop an aftermarket unit for the ST1100. I test rode an '06 ST1300 last week. The power windshield was wonderful but I can't justify the cost of upgrading to the ST1300 to get that feature.

FireSporT

Team Colorado
Bike
03 ST 1300
STOC #
After someone tipped my bike over into my employees car and bent the windshield brackets, I replaced then with the motor assembly. Actually Kreis (H2Orider) did it for me. The only thing we didn't complete was changing out the switch on the handlebars. It was not plug and play. Kreis has figured out the changes. Now I just have to get the bike back to him

Bike
03 st1300
With help from the step by step instructions on this forum i did the complete install in 5 hrs.Not the sharpest tool in the shed but it was relatively painless-Good luck!

DeSTy

King of the Bling
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I did the install today.

I bought the Motor unit, ABS front wiring loom, relays, relay holders and switch unit through work.

Definately not a plug and play job, but relatively simple with a bit of thinking. There are 2 wires that need to be moved out of the ABS front loom, which I fitted with plug/socket and connected to the switch loom. Then you simply need to provide power to the relays and the switch, which I provided from the accessory loom.

Total time for the install, considering I had no 'instructions' and did it from the shocking wiring diagram, was about 7 hours (undoing the first fastener, to doing up the last).

Top Bottom