Lowered the ST1100 to 29" seat height

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
Ok so I bought a new ST1100 and could not touch the ground, I had to wait for an appt time to get the seat modified, that was difficult knowing the bike was sitting in the garage and not being able to ride it.
So someone cancelled on there appt time and they called me to see if I would like to move up a week...well of course I take that spot, I say yes I will be there.
Here are the results, I am so pleased I can touch the ground now not flat footed for my 27" inseam but at least I can come to a stop and feel safe with feet on the ground.

Attachments

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I have a 29'' inseam and when I bought the dual seat for my ST I didn't know it had already been lowered, my ST is ex Police and had a solo plus hump.

I had just fitted a new higher screen and prior to the seat change had to be happy with either one foot flat or tippy toes!

When I fitted the seat and sat on it I found I could not see over the screen so had to put the original back on.
The dual seat had been lowered somewhat and I had no difficulty putting both feet almost flat on the deck....

I now feel like I almost sit in the bike instead of being perched on it.... I rode a 1300 a few weeks ago and whilst the bars and screen were superb, the seat felt worse than the original solo on the 1100. The sensation was one of being perched atop a hard bench. I only rode a few miles before I stopped and swapped back to my own bike.....

Your seat looks excellent and must be at least an inch or so lower than mine, good job!

OP
OP
Follow

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
is the seat pretty comfortable
it is and no back rest needed, on a few hundred mile putt right now and feel real comfy on my new to me bike.
Butwith the seat modification my fluffy Tummy rubs up against the tank...
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
03 ST1300 89 pc
it is and no back rest needed, on a few hundred mile putt right now and feel real comfy on my new to me bike.
Butwith the seat modification my fluffy Tummy rubs up against the tank...
Posted via Mobile Device
OK then maybe if I start working on my tummy fluff now by the time I have the money for the bike and seat mod I will be good to go.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Its the stock seat, we had a local guy modify it. It really is comfy, however the scoop is so deep that I would worry about pressure on places that might not deserve pressure. Our male riders might want to be cautious. Went 1000 miles this weekend and my wife never complained of a sore rear end. She can touch the ground quite well, and she actually backed it up as well. Exactly what we were looking for.

That looks like just what I'm looking for, how much foam is left in the seat? Any trouble with a sore rear after a long spin?

Bike
st1100
I need to do the same for the same reason I'm on tip toes when stationery but have wondered about how omfortable it would be afterwards so now I'm off to see my loal upholsterer.

Bike
ST 1100 year 2002.
Try some Texas boots. I was thinking about this since I got my son`s bike running properly

Top Bottom