Welcome to all the recent newbies

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hi All
THANKS for the Welcome, Im about to post my first thread but have no idea about how do do it or where to post NEW thread. Could someone shed some light PLEASE
Click the forums link... you'll see all the forums and sub-forums - find the one that matches your topic closely and go there, if that sub-forum accepts new threads you'll see a new thread button.

Bike
st1100L st1100M
Thanks for all the Help on my work on my st1100 great help and a laugh Thank you all

STOC #
Hi All
Guess I'm a re-re-newby. I seem to have dropped off the list a few times, but I've had my '94 ST1100 for the better part of a decade, and have always found the wisdom of the list invaluable for getting things done on my ST. Converted 3 of my oldest friends to the magic of the ST. Now just have to find out where I can find my STOC #. Spring seems to be coming to New Engand (finally); see you out there!
Lawrence Lee
East Greenwich, RI

HELP! I joined the ST owners club several weeks ago and have made several attempts to post an introduction. How do I do this? Clicking through "Introductions" does not bring up a post box.

Bill

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
HELP! I joined the ST owners club several weeks ago and have made several attempts to post an introduction. How do I do this? Clicking through "Introductions" does not bring up a post box.

Bill
Bill, I see your introduction post so you should be good to go. To start a new post, click on Forums at the top tool bar, pick the appropriate forum (i.e. General, Off Topic, etc.) You should see a Post New Thread button on the top-left of the screen. And/or, pick an exisiting thread and respond as appropriate.

Hope this helps,

Bike
ST1300A
Hello all.

We're new to ST1300 ownership, but not motorcycles. I have been riding since the early 70's and slowly progressed up to the ST1300. It is probably going to be the last new one ever sold in Townsville, Queensland, Australia, now that imports have ceased.

We have a 1987 CBR1000F that was getting a bit tired, and when the ST1300 first came out, we test rode one - for four days touring in the Atherton Tablelands. We weren't greatly impressed with the two position, bolted on screen, or the amount of heat on the pillions legs etc, so passed it over in favour of a newer version of the CBR1000F (1995). Now, ten years later, after much refinement, including all sorts of heat deflectors, an electric driven adjustable screen and the addition of fuel injection etc, the ST1300's are to be no more.................so I grabbed one for $16,990 on the road with 12 months Registration.

A Top Buy as far as I'm concerned and my wife much prefers the seat on this to the 1995 CBR1000F and most probably the VFR1200 that I was contemplating.

We've done many longer distance touring trips over the years, including some such as the 2011 and 2012 Black Dog Rides and a Far Ride (Iron Butt at your place), so the ST1300 should lift our comfort factor to a new level.

All I need to get for now, is a Cruise Control, preferable with a servo motor, rather than the vacuum operated variety, unless there are all sorts of horror stories out there about them.

Regards
John & Andrea Crocombe

Bike
2002 ST1100
STOC #
Hey Guys, Bruce here. Joined in April this year and have had a 2002 for a year now and am STOC#8712. I am having trouble posting or is it my lack of computerese.
Well, had my first tipover and repaired the damage to my mirror and side case (left side wineberry) and am on the lookout for both.
I think the site is invaluable for any owner and will continue to try and post.
Recently took my first long trip, 1800 miles in 6 days and am thrilled!

Bike
ST1100 93
Beautiful, just beautiful, suck a tight knit community of cool guys! :)
Thanks for the welcome and im hungry to eat up miles on that ST.

Gobble Gobble Gobble,
Hope tires never wobble!

I guess I can officially say "HI" here. I also am one of those guys that stopped riding when I was 27 years old, only to trip over a bike (02 Honda Rebel) at a jobsite that hadn't been ridden in a few years. Geeze, what I have I missed out on? I didn't ride for 26+ years. I slowly worked my way up to an 05 ST 1300 (20K miles). Along the way I bought and sold over 20 bikes, mostly Hondas, a couple of Kawasaki's too. This took just over 2 years. I actually made enough in profits to acquire this ST and an 02 Harley Softail (8,000 original miles). I kept asking myself "Is this the bike I want?" Then, every time I would look around for another bike, I just couldn't see anything that excited me the way the ST does. Not even the Softail! There just doesn't seem to be an equal (short of overpriced BMW's). So, with the 2 bikes I currently have, "I have the best of both worlds".....this is what a MC salesman @ Chaparral Motorsports said to me when I was looking at a new Victory. He knew the Victory didn't match up to an ST. I'm now a happy rider.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
It's Monday, July 5, 2013. I juST read A BUNCH of intros, and not all on STs either. I think we're expanding into the general market. Good on ya, Joe, for running a great site.

Bike
'97 ST1100 ABS
STOC #
Red Alert here. I'm a former member who took a long leave of absence from motorcycling due to various health issues. I'm STOC 925 and own a '97 ST1100 ABS. I've got 67000 miles or so on her and she has never been down at speed. A couple of times the weight has over whelmed me in the garage though.
I currently live in Silverdale, WA and have been traveling to Central and South America in search or a great retirement place.
Anyway, I'll be here and on ST-Riders for awhile.

Bike
2006 ST 1300A
STOC #
Winston Lee, Northampton, Western Australia,

Well I hope that my efforts to post a write up and a few pictures works as this computer stuff is new to me.
I hope the membership get a few laughs from what I have written.
Cheers Winston Lee

Well it does not look as if the attachment worked for me

Last edited:
Bike
1991 ST1100
Hello, Im back from being bikeless for about a year but just managed to pick up a 1991 ST1100 mint cond with 24k miles. never even looks like its been on either side. Too bad shes storing for the winter very soon. Hey, she also came with a JM comm system with CB /weather band/ intercom rider passenger. Although I have no use for it, maybe I can get some help removing it for seomeelse to enjoy.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100a
Hi, my name is Steve, recently got my first pan (1999 ST1100abs/tcs) Ex police bike. (Not sure if it's classed as a 50th anniversary model).

Just done the timing belt job (took longer to get the tupperware off than do the job) sealed the swing arm, all ready to take to the south of France. (I'm in the UK)

Top Bottom