Drowning in Sea of Chrome

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
I rode out to Ocean Shores today to take in Washington's annual Sun and Surf Run. I've been attending since 1988, always on old Hondas. Today I took the ST, having yesterday scouted the place on my Blackbird. As usual, I was somewhat lost, not quite fitting in, neither feeling fully welcome either.

But I did manage to find one spot of asphalt to park on.

And after a spirited ride home, I'm tonight imbibing the contents of that regal bike cover you see in my first photo.

Cheers,
Styles

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
I understand... I've gone thru the same thing, feeling like your from the same family but of another race. I am torn between being proud and being tired of the unwanted stepchild. Wierd..knowing you have the best bike there, but being unable to share it.. due to prejudice.

Reactions: Djc
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Chromophobic? Don't worry, it's not contagious. (Farkles are OK, because they're functional...) I generally dismiss people with attitudes (especially stupid ones.) It's too much trouble to be pissed at them. Kind of like the folks we used to see around here who thought a belt buckle made them a cowboy.

OP
OP
Styles

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
Our cub reporter for the local rag aptly summed up the event:
For this summer event, being a leather-clad smoker with attitude and a big hog was the norm. . . .
No bike was too loud or too bad. As long as one wore some version of animal hide and had a big ride, there was an ?anything goes? mentality.
Her ending caught its spirited essence.
All bikers head home today as the festival closes, leaving only the faint scents of exhaust, Red Bull and cigarette smoke behind them.
Too bad our photographer didn't catch its added literary essence.

Do note, though, a space reserved for our ride in my second photo.

Double cheers,
Styles

OP
OP
Styles

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
Hmm. I've a black Dos Equis, and a double set of reds, too.

That's some geeky discrimination beyond me. :confused:

Styles

Ripshod

Prym8 on 2 wheels
Right-click* on the X's and see if you can open them in another window. Works for me.

*Apple-click on a mac.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Hmmm. I'm not getting anything! Not even x's!
Me either...and when an original poster or mod modifies there is an 'edit' message so I do not think any one edited or modified the originals...

weird...

Mark

I rode out to Ocean Shores today to take in Washington's annual Sun and Surf Run. I've been attending since 1988, always on old Hondas. Today I took the ST, having yesterday scouted the place on my Blackbird. As usual, I was somewhat lost, not quite fitting in, neither feeling fully welcome either.

But I did manage to find one spot of asphalt to park on.

And after a spirited ride home, I'm tonight imbibing the contents of that regal bike cover you see in my first photo.

Cheers,
Styles
It's really really painful for me to not caption this pic.
It would break every rule this forum has now and create a few more for the future :D

Top Bottom