HD Shutting down Buell

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Re: Buell is dead...

Wow, ironic. I guess when they crushed the Blast it was all the Buells.

Bike
07 Buell XB12X

:eek::(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

http://www.buell.com/en_us/

Man, that just SUCKS! I'll never set foot in an HD dealership again! My only hope is that Erik will align himself with someone else (Polaris? Bombardier?) and continue to build great motorcycles. Whether you like his bikes or not, I think you have to admit he's passionate about bikes and an innovative designer and engineer. I truly hope this is not the end of Buell. :pray1:

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #

that does suck,,, I have never ridden one, but have looked at many... I just liked the brand and some of the designs...

if only gas were $4 a gallon again huh? (its well on its way) because I thought bike sales were booming then.... if it goes back to that price... it will be again... but the casulties along the way havent been good
JMO

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS

Man, that just SUCKS! I'll never set foot in an HD dealership again! My only hope is that Erik will align himself with someone else (Polaris? Bombardier?) and continue to build great motorcycles. Whether you like his bikes or not, I think you have to admit he's passionate about bikes and an innovative designer and engineer. I truly hope this is not the end of Buell. :pray1:
Man,,, that do sucketh...

Bike
2005 ST1300

Mark,
My sense is that Buell will be reborn somewhere else..
and you know what...getting divorced frmo Harely may be the best thing that happens to Buell...I do like their bikes

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #

I wonder why they aren't trying to sell Buell, like MV, rather than simply "discontinue".

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

So much for HD trying to appeal to the younger crowd?
There are multiple "younger" crowds, the big-bicep aboriginally tattooed Gold's Gym type will stick with the "dark" Harleys, might even cheer this move.

I agree Erik is passionate and innovative, needs to hook up with a more dynamic company. Given that his new motor is a Rotax (Bombardier?) wouldn't that make sense. Also would give Bombardier an entry into the two wheel world.

Hero Motors in India and Bombardier already have an agreement for scooter motors and we all know how the India companies are growing. Also, BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products) is BIG, everything from out-board motors to business jets. Makes Harley look like an afterthought. Seems like a fit to me. It'd be cool to see the XB line with a modern engine.

So, don't count Buell as "dead" just yet. Erik ain't likely to give up that easily.

Bike
07 Buell XB12X

Puts an interesting twist into AMA/DMG Roadracing...
Richie Morris Racing just announced that they inked Danny Eslick to a new contract for 2010. Wonder what type of bike he'll be riding :mad:

Bike
07 Buell XB12X

I agree Erik is passionate and innovative, needs to hook up with a more dynamic company. Given that his new motor is a Rotax (Bombardier?) wouldn't that make sense. Also would give Bombardier an entry into the two wheel world.

Also, BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products) is BIG, everything from out-board motors to business jets. Makes Harley look like an afterthought. Seems like a fit to me. It'd be cool to see the XB line with a modern engine.

So, don't count Buell as "dead" just yet. Erik ain't likely to give up that easily.
That's my hope. It would be nice to see Buells sold in shops where the salespeople might actually know more about the bikes than the customers. :rolleyes:

STOC #

They have been dropping Buell from dealerships around here for well over a year.
I fully expect Buell to partner with Bombardier/CanAm and come back strong.

MV..who knows....hopefully they survive and HD got out soon enough that they didn't do too much damage. I always felt that they only made that move to be able to absorb some of the technology.

Now we just have to worry about Farfegnugen-ization of Ducati :censored

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #

Puts an interesting twist into AMA/DMG Roadracing...
Just what I was thinking.....that leaves like ONE factory supported team that we know of for 2010. Who's gonna supply the "Pace Bike"???????
Good thing DMG managed to agitate basically every manufacturer with the exception of Buell (whom they :work5:). Should be a heck of a DMG club racing series here in the states for 2010. Oh well - rant over

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Eric said in the vid, he is staying on with Harley to design mass centralized tassels for the handlebars and such.

Well... he didn't specifically say mass centralized tassels in so many actual words, but his face sure as H*l* said it when he mentioned personally staying on to help Harley design stuff.

That bit of info. and the state of the economy will be making it hard for other manufacturers to branch out into new areas. That says to me Buell is likely dead and gone. Eric may or may not find another situation down the road when things turn around some, but whatever gets made, it probably won't be a Buell without some very good luck and time (along with does Harley own the TM on Buell).

Bombardier was into bikes for awhile, way back when with the Can Am dirt bike. A good friend of mine raced one with us, and it was a good machine at the time, fast motor. It was a dirt bike though not a road machine.

Top Bottom