Windshield comparison/side by side

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Just started looking into windshields and boy howdy, there are a lot of posts (20+ pages of threads).

Don't know if this has been done before, but thought it might be helpful to do a sort of side by side comparison with links to the various vendors and some basic info. Let me know of any errors, omissions, other vendors you think should be listed here, etc.

Clearview:
Price: $195 - $282, depending on tint and options (trim and adjustable vent)
Sizes: Small, Medium and Large
Vent: Optional

California Scientific (aka Calsci)
Price: $185 - $214, depending on size
Sizes: Medium, Large, X-Large, and XX-Large
Vent: Standard

VStream? from National Cycle:
Price: $185
Size: One size only
Vent: N/A

Cee Baily
Price: $167-$183, depending on tint.

Aeroflow:
Price: $284.95 to $329.95 depending on size
Sizes: standard, medium, tall, and extra tall

Rifle:
Price: $179
Size: one size only

All prices are as per the vendor's webiste as of July 11, 2010.

:04biker:

Bike
2005 BMW RT
The Rifle comes in two styles Sport and Touring. Each style is available in standard, +2", +4" and custom heights and tints. The $179 is for a clear standard height windshield. I don't mean to be picky, I just know more information was availabe. Thanks for the comparison. I read the thread because I broke a small section off my Rifle and the Super Glue is holding, but I may buy another Rifle or somthing else.

Gandolkf

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Wing
STOC #
I was looking at Cee Baily

There are 2 pulldown menus under tint
width & height up $60 more:06biker:

Cee Baily
Price: $167-$183, depending on tint.

Hard for me to buy something sight unseen,that Flip Top looks interesting

THANKS

Bike
ST 1300A
STOC #
I bought about 25 shields from Clearview.

The shields are excellent, but I stopped doing business with them because they do not ship on time and do not notify you when there is a delay.
This caused me several times extra UPS costs ( lot of $$$ for a big box to Europe).
Now they do not answer my questions.

In the last shipment one shield distorted the view for the rider and that made him very nervous. He found it very scary.
No response on my complain.

Another member of the Dutch forum ordered a shield direct, time to deliver was almost 3 months + $ 80 import duties + tax above purchasing price and shipping costs.

Last week I found a post of a guy in FL (close to my place) with a wind tunnel, but he does not respond to emails either.
His solution will work, but is far too big. Lane splitting is allowed here, but with such a hugh windshield almost impossible.

Which shield are comparable with Clearview? Calsci or Cee Bailey?
We love the noise reduction of the Clearviews over here, but do not want to sit behind a wall of glass.

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
Thanks Mark, glad you're still enjoying your shield.

As for bigger shields, I love my CalSci XL. It's quiet and no back pressure... I'd definitely get another one if my ice cream serving trained monkeys turned on me and happened to destroy it!

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Don't forget about the 7Jurock windshield, lots of size and tint options. I have seen some positive posts about it and it's reasonably priced.

cv66seabear

Kent Barnard
Bike
93 ST1100
STOC #
You didn't mention Givi the 184D (ST1100) sells for $100.80 through Twisted Throttle or Helmethead.

Also the Laminar through California Sport Touring, the funky adjustable lip guys.

Bottom line comparison info? How is the givi? Anyone have one?

Bike
ST1300A
Thanks for all the info Tom.
Think I'll go with the V-Stream as my stock windshield is a little too short and it has been stained/etched somehow before I got it.
The V Stream seems a reasonable price, looks good and lots of people have posted good reviews of it... we'll see how it goes for me.
AL

BDonald

R.I.P. - 2014/10/15
Rest In Peace
Bike
'12 Wing
The Aeroflow, although expensive, is wider and protects your hands and is a great rain shield. Rain flows up and the laminar plastic that fastens to the dash forces air up the inside of the windshield forcing the rain to flow over your head.

I bought mine to protect my hands in the winter and planned to put the stock w/s back for the summer. Never did put the stock back on.

Bike
2006 ST1300
One more to consider. I've tried the rifle and the C bailey and liked the Ermax so much I got another one to replace it when it got broken.
Made by Ermax sold by http://www.motoevolution.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=4075&make_id=1&model_id=72&year=2004
This is the US supplier. http://www.frogspecialties.com/ About $130.

You can get it as above, all clear, or dark tint. In several hights also.
Looks like Ermax has stopped making anything for the ST1300. Using the menu on Frog Specialities only the VFR1200 pulls up.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
The mfg site still lists it.
Shoot em an email to see if they have a different US point of sale.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
What a mess to make the good choise for a replacement windshield ! It is truth that the original screen is too small for me. Even in up position, it allows too much turbulences around the head (specially eyes are tired after couple hours riding). I have read a lot here and else to understand how to choose the best solution. But... still uncertain.
What do you think... ? Cee Bailee or Baily seems to be the best : 2 inches up and on sides, without vent and in low position ? Better than BikeQuip with his formed lip at the top ?
I know, everyone has his preference and welcome in the diversity and the opposition world !
Thanks for helping.
Paul

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I just ordered the BikeQuip 20" clear with flip lip delivered @ $215, it is 2" wider than stock which seems to be just what I want. Anyone have any feedback on this screen ??

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I just ordered the BikeQuip 20" clear with flip lip delivered @ $215, it is 2" wider than stock which seems to be just what I want. Anyone have any feedback on this screen ??
I really like the bikequip shield, it's been the closest of the ones I've tried that match the performance of the laminar lip I had...

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I really like the bikequip shield, it's been the closest of the ones I've tried that match the performance of the laminar lip I had...
Thanks for the reply Mellow----I am looking forward to installing it as my stock screen is all scratched up. I keep reading about how the lip improves wind deflection so I want to test it for myself.

Top Bottom