Gerbing Heated glove Liners

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have their heated gloves but not the liners. Don't think liners would fit in any of my non-heated gloves, but may be wrong on that. Love the heated gloves though. Much better than heated grips IMHO. :)

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I went with the T5. I think I would have the same issue that Bob mentioned above. I like my gloves to fit snug and when I tried on the liners they wouldn't fit under my existing gloves so I would have to buy gloves to go over them. This is a good option if you if you don't like the protection of the regular full gloves like the T5. They are a little bulky but I got used to them in no time.

The reason I went Gerbing over other options was the warranty.

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
I went with the T5. I think I would have the same issue that Bob mentioned above. I like my gloves to fit snug and when I tried on the liners they wouldn't fit under my existing gloves so I would have to buy gloves to go over them. This is a good option if you if you don't like the protection of the regular full gloves like the T5. They are a little bulky but I got used to them in no time.

The reason I went Gerbing over other options was the warranty.
:plus1: What he said!!!!!!

To add I have warm feet thanks to Gerbing!!!!!

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
I was thinking about liners to , does anyone with them have a opinion ? Wecalready know about gloves there is plenty of info out there already :
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
The liners work. Like I said I tried them. It just so happens that there is a dealer a couple miles fro my house that I do a lot of business with and they let me try a set of each. They are a Yamaha/John Deere Dealer. While I don't have a Yamaha I do have a Deere. There are some people that use them here and someone will chime in eventually. They are going to work better with an insulated glove than they will with a straight leather glove. You are going to have to go up at least one size in the leather glove for them to fit right. This was the case for me. I like my leather gloves to be fit pretty snug so there was no way a liner would fit under the gloves that I had. For me I opted for the T5. As I would have gone with a liner and an insulated glove so I might as well just get them together and not mess around with 2 gloves.

Like a lot of things this one will come down to personal preference. If you are not riding in really cold temps and prefer a snug fit then go liners with leather gloves over them. If it gets too cold, I would add heated grips and or hand guards like those from the VStrom that many people add in the winter.

If you are OK with the bulk a glove like the T5 will be warmer than a liner/leather glove combo because they have the leather shell, a waterproof inner shell, thinsulate insulation and then the heating element.

If you are on the fence I would get some big bulky insulated gloves and go for a ride around the block. You will get a feel of what it is like to use the controls with thick gloves. This will give you a feel of what the T5s are like. For me I found I could still run all the controls without issue so I went T5. Really they work out to be about the same price. T5s ran $170. The liners are $70 plus you will likely have to buy new outer gloves so add about $100 (give to take $20) for a good set and you are in the ball park of T5s. Then you might still need the VStrom hand guards or heated grips if it gets really cold out.

I should add that if you found the need to replace the gloves because they failed, the liners are cheaper, but since they have a lifetime warranty on the heating element this is a non-issue. This would come into play more with other brands.

Papa Doni

John
Bike
07 ST 1300
STOC #
I have the T5 gloves! Expensive yes, but so is everything else that goes with the 1300! They are very comfy here in WI when needed, and I am worth it!
What an awesome bike we have!!!
JC

Bike
ST1300
I think I've tried / owned all the Gerbing products.... hmmm my middle name should be Gerbing... anyway I have the liners and don't like them overall for riding.

I took a pair of lined nylon gloves and took out the insides to make them thinner. you cannot get any thinner and tried them with the liners... too thick and i couldn't feel the controls. tried the liners with leather unlined gloves and felt the same... the liners by themselves are comfortable, but add another layer and it doesn't work for me.

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
It appears that I'm a bit late in this thread, but I agree with vstrom about the liners.

I have rather large hands and find that 2XL motorcycle gloves fit comfortably and don't bind when operating the controls. I can comfortably wear XL leather work gloves for other tasks.

I have a pair of Gerbing Microwire XL liners that fit quite comfortably by themselves, but when I wear any of my 2XL gloves over them, they are tight and bind. They are especially tight in the fingertips and across the back of my knuckles, the latter of which get uncomfortably hot when the rest of my hands are comfy.

I'm now in the market for some armored, heated gloves. Any suggestions?

Bike
2007 ST
Just bought a set of Gerbings heated jacket liners and gloves. The lady at the store was very helpful, and said the liners had a high failure rate because they were thinner and pulled on more, damaging the wires. Plus like others have said, hard to get on under other gloves.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I'm now in the market for some armored, heated gloves. Any suggestions?
I would say the Warm and Safe (don't recall the model but there is one with good armor) gloves or Gerbing T5. I went with the Gerbing T5 because the lifetime warranty. W&S was a 2 year if I recall correctly. The two gloves were the same price. $150 range. The W&S appeared to have better armor but the warranty was what sold me on Gerbing. The Gerbings would protect just fine in a get off.

These are the W&S gloves that I was considering.

Warm & Safe

Followed by the Gerbing T5 that I got.

Gerbing T5

I guess they are $170 not $150.

Last edited:

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I used my Gerbing heated gloves in anger for the first time at the weekend, I have used them as ordinary gloves on cooler evenings, but this time it was a little chilly and those T5 gloves are just excellent..... a gentle warmth all over instead of red hot palms and chilly back of hands!

I must dig out my jacket liner and see what it's like to wear both!

Oh and to prevent this not being relevant to liners, I take a fairly large glove size, either XL or XXL and find that with some makes, while I can get the gloves on, they are not the right shape for my hands.... I would not consider liners as the bulk of some gloves makes it hard enough to get good feel on the controls.
The Gerbing T5 gloves, whilst quite bulky feeling, once on and running, are comfortable and so very nice and warm......

Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
I have their heated gloves but not the liners. Don't think liners would fit in any of my non-heated gloves, but may be wrong on that. Love the heated gloves though. Much better than heated grips IMHO. :)
I don't have liners, but I do have a pair of FirstGear heated gloves. I think I'd agree with the sentiment above, that heated gloves would be better than heated grips.

I think ideally, I'd like to have both.

After I get that 40a alt installed in a couple weeks, I just might end up that way!

TwoBrittanys

aka itsbent
Bike
'04 ST1300ABS
+1 and you can use heated gloves on any bike that has a Gerbings pigtail. Plus all Gerbings products are warranted for life.
Posted via Mobile Device

TwoBrittanys

aka itsbent
Bike
'04 ST1300ABS
+1 and you can use heated gloves on any bike that has a Gerbings pigtail. Plus all Gerbings products are warranted for life.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Dev
ice

DUPLICATE PLEASE DELETE

Gunz

Houligan
Bike
'08 1300
STOC #
Anyone use the Gerbing T5 with the "battery pack"? I have a really good jacket, and might not need a heated liner (though, should I eventually need a liner, I would go with the Gerbing liner). In any case, I'm probably looking at temperatures around 20 degrees F, with routine 40 minute trips at 30 degrees F.

Until I find out for sure, I'd like to get off cheap and easy (hence the battery pack question).

Thanks,
Mark

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
If you wanted to go cheap and easy use the Y-harness that comes with the T5 gloves and run it to a 2 pin SAE. Heck you can even make your own jacket if you wanted to do that.

I got this to hook it up and give me an on/off switch to control it.

Link

Though if you are spending that much it isn't much more to get a temp controller. In fact I think the batteries are more expensive than the heat controllers. At least a single. While batteries are easy and would last your routine trip, they may not last a longer trip and may be a hassle to charge and carry.

If you had another use for the battery pack I would say it might be a good option. For instance if you were a motorcyclist and you went icefishing. Or if you had an 1100 with the 28 amp alternator. Those would be good reasons to consider the battery vs a controller or hardwire of some sort. It doesn't sound like this is the case though.

MorleyJC

Der Weg ist das Ziel
Bike
'05 ST1300A
Ive got the Warm and Safe heated glove liners and love them.

I use them with the Cortech Scarab Winter gloves (which really should be named fall gloves):
http://tinyurl.com/2dj96od

Ive ridden in a consistant 40ish degrees completely comfortable with the heated liners and the Scarab gloves.

I love the Scarabs because they are great for the 50-70 degree range, if you live up north I wouldnt recommend them as a true winter glove. They fit snugly without the liner, and the Warm and Safe liner is very thin, no issues putting it on under the Scarabs.

Awhile ago before I had my heated gear I picked up a cheap ($10) set of plain black silk liners for my gloves and they were good for another 10 degrees of warmth.

Ive just cracked and bought the Warm & Safe heated grips. Ive been on two ride these last few weeks where the cold weather snuck up on me early in the morning and I wasn't expecting it- didn't have my heated gear in the pannier yet. Since the heated grips dont leave the bike, I wont have that issue.

Bike
09 ST1300A
I have Gerbings heated gloves (not liners) and have used them along with my Hot Grips on my Valkyrie for 9 years. I don't have heated grips on my new ST (yet) thinking of it real soon though.
I'm in Mass and go out on cold, dry road days in the Winter, the temp can be in the low 30's. (that's the coldest that I go out).
At first I just had the Hot grips, but the backs of my hands would get cold until I bought the heated gloves. For me this is the best combination. :biker:

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I have and use the Gerbings liners.
I have not yet found a truly waterproof glove. All the waterproof gloves I've tried leak after hours of riding in the rain, and yes I have used glove conditioners.

I use the liners inside rubber gloves, and my hands stay dry and warm no matter how hard it rains.

Top Bottom