Article [13] ST1300 - Quartent Harness/Heated Grips Schematic

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
When I download the larger version it's 'grayed-out' but still legible.

Is this some kind of copy protection or is it a function of my Preview app (macOS Sierra)?

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
The file works for me.

Renders correctly in safari '07 imac el capitan
dl also works in preview

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Click the link for a bigger version.
The file works for me.
I just D/L'ed this file again. It opens and for a split second there's a little more color saturation then it goes light grey. It's legible and I can make out the colors but somethings up with my kit or the file. I'll tray another machine because this is a great reference doc.

Old post - I know. But since it was 'brung up'...

High Sierra / Safari 13.0.4 / Preview / Adobe Reader DC
(first time I've opened Reader in 10-15yrs)

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
The link still works here, looks great, not grey. Usually light grey means it is downloading, let it sit for a minute and see if it appears correctly.

OP
OP
Anna'sDad
Bike
'06 ST1300A
It opens and for a split second there's a little more color saturation then it goes light grey.
How odd! I agree, when opening the link in the first post, the color saturation is poor.

I will need to investigate this, thanks for the "Heads Up".

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Works on a pc to view in the browser, although once downloaded when you try and open it says it says it cant find a font anymore and then shows this in the lower area.

1589203241985.png
1589203287893.png

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It looks great! Thanks for that and the link to your drawings. I'm going to collect the whole set! :D

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
In order to use these 3-prong connectors on the quartet harness, won't we have to find an appropriate male connector after we install the power / ground from the device we want to power there?
I'm thinking a GPS, or USB charger or... do I even know what I'm thinking?
Not really. But I'm used to either going to battery, a fuse block, or Powerlet-type receptacle.

Bike
2010 ST1300
In order to use these 3-prong connectors on the quartet harness, won't we have to find an appropriate male connector after we install the power / ground from the device we want to power there?
I'm thinking a GPS, or USB charger or... do I even know what I'm thinking?
Not really. But I'm used to either going to battery, a fuse block, or Powerlet-type receptacle.
This kit will hold all the pins, sockets, and connector bodies you need. The only down side is that they are all white.

Good Morning
I am assuming by the thread that others have found themselves where I am.
I installed honda line heated grips and installation kit only to find out that the quartet harness has been discontinued and no one seems to be able to tell me,even honda, if the pan European harness will work in US bikes.
What are your suggestions for for wiring the grips to the bike.
I even asked the local honda dealer if he could get me the connector ends and i would build a harness and I was told that Honda doesnt list connector ends.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm trying to avoid hard wiring but that may end up the only viable option

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Good Morning
I am assuming by the thread that others have found themselves where I am.
I installed honda line heated grips and installation kit only to find out that the quartet harness has been discontinued and no one seems to be able to tell me,even honda, if the pan European harness will work in US bikes.
What are your suggestions for for wiring the grips to the bike.
I even asked the local honda dealer if he could get me the connector ends and i would build a harness and I was told that Honda doesnt list connector ends.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm trying to avoid hard wiring but that may end up the only viable option
I'm so confident that the quartet harness sold in Europe will work for the US version of the ST1300 that I ordered one from cmsnl.com this past week, 12Jul2020. It's scheduled to be delivered to my home in Oregon from the Netherlands by tomorrow, 16July2020. 61 euros total, or about $64 USD.

From the photo it looks to be the part. I'll update in a few days when I have both the harness AND the bike in my possession.

Here's the link: https://www.cmsnl.com/products/quartet-harness_08a30mcs801

1594824851171.png

I finished my heated grips this morning and can now confirm with certainty that the european quartet harness is the same as the american harness.
I ordered a harness from belgium and it was plug and play

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
07A/09PA
STOC #
I really don't want to wait for delayed shipping from Europe so I ordered from Huntington Beach Honda Police.

Top Bottom