MRA VarioScreen Windshield for Honda ST1100

fperezal

Call me Chico
Bike
1998 ST1100
I want your opinion on the best windshield out ther for the ST1100 and perhaps opinion on this one..... I tried the RIFLE +4 and +8 and did not like them.

STOC #
Good lookin' bike ;) !

I thought it was an improvement over the +4 Rifle it replaced. Seemed to be somewhat quieter and moved the air over my head better than the Rifle.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I have the larger MRA Vario Screen Maxi - It is very nice, Great quality, looks good. Had a clearview +4 before and this one and I really like the Vario Screen.

Bike
Vstrom 650
hi there, just fitted the mra maxi vario, I'm 6,1", 32" inseam, what height are you and how do you like the screen now? thanks

Des

Bike
'00 ST1100-P
hi there, just fitted the mra maxi vario, I'm 6,1", 32" inseam, what height are you and how do you like the screen now? thanks
Got any pics? Let us know how you like it after some test rides!

Bike
Vstrom 650
Hi Des, yeah I think its a big improvement over the stock shield,wasnt sure at first,thought it was a bit high but getting used to it,I have the maxi,the smaller mra is 50mm lower (2") so either would do depending on your height,there is very little asjustment in it,the slot it pivots from is about 20mm it basically tilts it a bit more upright,dont see much difference in either position to be honest,it was ?134 plus delivery,the lower one is ?126,from bikehps.com
well made screen,german tuv standard,pouring rain here at the min,going to get bt023's fitted today,how are things down under? Brendan

Des

Bike
'00 ST1100-P
Hi Des, yeah I think its a big improvement over the stock shield,wasnt sure at first,thought it was a bit high but getting used to it,I have the maxi,the smaller mra is 50mm lower (2") so either would do depending on your height,there is very little asjustment in it,the slot it pivots from is about 20mm it basically tilts it a bit more upright,dont see much difference in either position to be honest,it was ?134 plus delivery,the lower one is ?126,from bikehps.com
well made screen,german tuv standard,pouring rain here at the min,going to get bt023's fitted today,how are things down under? Brendan
At least there is some movement I guess - the adjustment is what made this screen look good to me, maybe it'll make enough of a difference??

I might have a look for one over here, or get the wife to bring one back from her trip over there....

Yeah things are going OK down here, we are out of summer now but where we live it's still high 20's during the day. Got my 023's delivered, they are sitting in the garage waiting for me to wear out the tyres currently fitted.

Bike
Vstrom 650
If you click my gallery I uploaded 2 pics of the new shield,the pic of the bike has the old windshield on it,its about 5 degrees here,pouring rain and blowing almost a gale,giving snow on high ground in Scotland tonight,bet you don't miss that

Bike
Vstrom 650
theres a gap in the centre,bout 6 inches long and 1/2 inch deep that allows air up and i suppose it mixes with the air coming up the front to reduce buffeting,just guessing like,the top overlaps the bottom a bit,haven't driven in heavy rain yet but I wouldnt think the rain would find its way up trough it,I'll probably find out though 2moro as I have to drive 50 miles to get new tyres fitted and rain is forecast so I'll let you know

Des

Bike
'00 ST1100-P
If you click my gallery I uploaded 2 pics of the new shield,the pic of the bike has the old windshield on it,its about 5 degrees here,pouring rain and blowing almost a gale,giving snow on high ground in Scotland tonight,bet you don't miss that
Seen the pics, the screen looks pretty good.

No I don't miss the weather, but if you're lucky enough to catch Scotland on a nice day then it has to be one of the best riding places to be. My mates are heading up to Scotland for the weekend, I hope the weather cheers up for them!

STOC #
Anyone know what the measurement is for the maxi screen. from the center of the stock ignition switch straight up to the top edge of the shield.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I have the MRA Vario smaller version, fitted the day after I bought the bike to try it..... much better than stock.... so left it on!

Never though about the rain, I stick my head out to one side with visor down to clear any water, or stick my head up into the airstream above the screen....

I'm only 5'7" but quite broad shouldered so sometimes feel the screen could be better in deflecting air around me.... but that is really a minor criticism of a good screen.
Use to try adjusting it to improve airflow more, but don't bother anymore...... if it made a difference, I couldn't really feel it....

Bike
Vstrom 650
Anyone know what the measurement is for the maxi screen. from the center of the stock ignition switch straight up to the top edge of the shield.

Hi, It varies from 18 3/4 inches to 19 1/4 inches from the ignition switch,depending on how you adjust it, I'm 6'1" with 32" inseam and I'm used to the screen now and think its perfect for me, theres some pics in my gallery,at first I wasn't sure,thought it was too high

Last edited:
STOC #
Hi, It varies from 18 3/4 inches to 19 1/4 inches from the ignition switch,depending on how you adjust it, I'm 6'1" with 32" inseam and I'm used to the screen now and think its perfect for me, theres some pics in my gallery,at first I wasn't sure,thought it was too high
Thanks... stock is only 14.75 so that is pretty tall.. I'm only 5'10" and sounds like the maxi would be too tall for me as I prefer not to look through it

Bike
Vstrom 650
Yeah I think the standard would suit you better,its 50mm or 2" lower than the maxi, it's a great screen,the buffeting is gone, I wasn't sure whether to get smoked or clear, in the end opted for smoked

Des

Bike
'00 ST1100-P
Good info, you're about the same height as I am too. Is it quiet behind the screen or do you still get wind noise?

Bike
Vstrom 650
Good info, you're about the same height as I am too. Is it quiet behind the screen or do you still get wind noise?
It's fairly quiet, it's funny I have a flip face helmet and when its open or i just have the visor open its quiet,when the visor is closed its a bit noisier,dont know if this is down to physics or just the helmet deign, anyway its fine and the buffeting is gone,and its great for keeping bugs of you.

Top Bottom