OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It sorta looks like a cross between a v-rod and buell...

STOC #
Kinda.....well....yeah......what's with the 240 tire and extended swingarm....maybe I'm gett'n too old or I'm no longer in touch enough to understand it...... A DN-01 on steroids ......... :hun1:

Looks like one of those lowered, extended, fat tire, chromed out 'busa's that run around Miami.....I don't understand them either ......

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Pass.

If you're thinking Italian, how 'bout one of these?
If it was shaft drive and I can buy it with a 3 year unlimited warranty for $10,454 sign me up!!! :cool:

Now,,, an Italian I always wanted to date was a 6 cylinder Benatti... :bow1:

Sorry,,, been years and 2 accidents,,, this is the bike i dreamed of,,, and bit my pillow dreaming about back in the day...

1975 Benelli Sei Six

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
The profile shot looks like somebody went crazy with a belt sander on a new Multistrada...

(psst--that's not a compliment)

I actually kind of like it. By all accounts it will suck the paint off my 2010 vmax. Frankly, I can't imagine even wanting to accelerate faster, so I'll stick what I have. Thumbs up to Ducati though, at least they gave it power to match the aggressive looks unlike the VRod.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
The Ducati test department says the Diavel is the "quickest-accelerating and best-braking bike the company has ever built." (Motorcyclist, March 2011)

It'll probably suck the the paint off a lot of dedicated sport bikes, the new VMax, and who knows what else. The tester said he selected a low horsepower engine mode (just push a button, a la Multistrada) for riding in LA because he found the full power mode so overwhelming it was annoying in downtown traffic. Interesting critique.

This bike still doesn't do it for me design wise, at least not in the photographs I've seen, but you have to give Ducati credit for what appears to be a blazing performer that looks like nothing else. They keep on introducing lots of interesting new bikes...how about a sport tourer?

How about if HONDA introduces a new sport tourer? (Not...holding...breath...)

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
If it was shaft drive and I can buy it with a 3 year unlimited warranty for $10,454 sign me up!!! :cool:

Sorry,,, been years and 2 accidents,,, this is the bike i dreamed of,,, and bit my pillow dreaming about back in the day...

1975 Benelli Sei Six

The motor is a Honda 500-4 with two more cylinders grafted on.

The Ducati test department says the Diavel is the "quickest-accelerating and best-braking bike the company has ever built." (Motorcyclist, March 2011)

It'll probably suck the the paint off a lot of dedicated sport bikes, the new VMax, and who knows what else. The tester said he selected a low horsepower engine mode (just push a button, a la Multistrada) for riding in LA because he found the full power mode so overwhelming it was annoying in downtown traffic. Interesting critique.

This bike still doesn't do it for me design wise, at least not in the photographs I've seen, but you have to give Ducati credit for what appears to be a blazing performer that looks like nothing else. They keep on introducing lots of interesting new bikes...how about a sport tourer?

How about if HONDA introduces a new sport tourer? (Not...holding...breath...)
I read that article as well, and it was interesting to me that he selected the low HP setting. My Vmax is very docile in city traffic, but then again it's much larger than the Diavel and obviously does not have to be tuned/designed so aggressively to make the horsepower it does. There's alot to be said for a big dumb engine.

I'm sure the Diavel will be quick, but at this end of the pool, finding a rider who can use that much power is the bigger question. Jay Gleason got a new Vmax in the mid 9's and guess what.....I couldn't get anywhere near that, nor would I even care.

I'd also like to see Ducati make an effort at a ST bike. The Multi is interesting, but limiting relative to the lack of weather protection. Right now I'm anxious to see the upcoming 1200 Trophy.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Saw my first Diavel today, at the Twisted Throttle open house. What's interesting is I didn't know what I was looking at as I approached it from the left rear quarter. My first thought was "strange scooter." I walked behind it and thought "that's a huge tire for a scooter." When I looked back at the right side and saw the pipes and silencers, I realized what I was looking at.

The word that comes to mind is "clownish."

I will say this: it looks like nothing else on two wheels.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

1975 Benelli Sei Six

That's a Honda CB-500-4 with two more cylinders grafted on. The admitted it, I've read even some engine parts are interchangeable. More kudos to Honda. :D

Top Bottom