Installing J&M CB

Roseknight

Cone Killer
Bike
'05 ST1300
well I have the plastics off (left side anyway)

trying to figure out what to do with all these stinking wires and parts :confused:
got the technical part of how it all hooks up... just need help fitting it all in and making it preety
adding to the fun is the addition of the intergrator for the Zumo and the additional wires for that...

Also know I will need to use of a SWR meter...

Hey Joe you still up?... busy tomorrow?
or anyone in DFW that has done the install before (and having a meter would be nice but could wait.. or I might buy one)

List of parts...

J&M CB2003 SU (mounted to handlebar)
Firestick (II?) NGP anttena w/ MCL Bracket (already mounted but anttena not tightened)
JCB03-CFRG-D J&M Integration unit
Zumo (already installed and working marvelously)
Audiolux iphone/ipod charger/audio out/remote (still need a 12v outlet mounted somewhere for this

List of questions:confused:
where have folks put the JCB03-CFRG-D J&M Integration unit?
where/how are folks running the anntena cable out the back of the bike to the anntena?
where are folks putting all this excess wire?

Bike
2005 ST1300PA
STOC #
Brad has an SWR meter from when he did the J&M install on his ST1100. You might check to see if he can bring it to practice on Sunday.

safedoctor

Flip
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
well I have the plastics off (left side anyway)

trying to figure out what to do with all these stinking wires and parts :confused:
got the technical part of how it all hooks up... just need help fitting it all in and making it preety
adding to the fun is the addition of the intergrator for the Zumo and the additional wires for that...

Also know I will need to use of a SWR meter...

Hey Joe you still up?... busy tomorrow?
or anyone in DFW that has done the install before (and having a meter would be nice but could wait.. or I might buy one)

List of parts...

J&M CB2003 SU (mounted to handlebar)
Firestick (II?) NGP anttena w/ MCL Bracket (already mounted but anttena not tightened)
JCB03-CFRG-D J&M Integration unit
Zumo (already installed and working marvelously)
Audiolux iphone/ipod charger/audio out/remote (still need a 12v outlet mounted somewhere for this

List of questions:confused:
where have folks put the JCB03-CFRG-D J&M Integration unit?
where/how are folks running the anntena cable out the back of the bike to the anntena?
where are folks putting all this excess wire?
J&M makes a bracket to put in on the left side.

The ant wire goes out at the end of the rear seat. The ant wire is under the seat

The wire will condense by the front of the gas tank.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Some run the wires to the right and some to the left side of the frame... Some on the outside of the frame and some on the inside between the airbox and frame (this will probably be the best solution as it helps shield the wires from the coils).

I think I just coiled up all the integration wires and put them in the left speaker grill area.

My antenna wire comes out between the seat and rear panel to the bracket, I zip tie it to the reflector bracket to keep it from being loose.

OP
OP
Roseknight

Roseknight

Cone Killer
Bike
'05 ST1300
Thanks guys...
going to see if these answers, sleep and daylight (just starting) make the puzzle simpler.

it's kind of a tricky install .... I have the bluetooth module and the smuggler truck and wanted those components to end up in the trunk and ended up having to extend the wiring harness to do it .

Attachments

OP
OP
Roseknight

Roseknight

Cone Killer
Bike
'05 ST1300
well need to put the inner cowling back in... and would love to recheck the swr... but it is installed...

Top Bottom